Why become a member? ×

My Board (Synthy!)

DanOwens

Hey guys,

I wanted to finish the board before I posted it, but I have some issues. Here is is on my crappy camera-phone:

I'm currently running the TU-2, OC-2, Mammoth, and LS-2 off the Diago PowerStation.

Problem is, power is still taking up about a third of my board. I've done the maths and if I buy connectors for the Moog and DL4 to power everything of the Diago, the current draw is 450ma (the DL4 takes 250 ma on its own).

The Diago allows for 300ma. Do I buy another, jig around so they balance up, and lose the 4-way and the Line 6 power lump, or just lose the 4-way and deal with it?

What do you guys do about your power when dealing with high-draw equipment?

Dan

The Diago power supply supplies 3000mA.

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='369400' date='Jan 3 2009, 05:21 PM']Hey guys,

I wanted to finish the board before I posted it, but I have some issues. Here is is on my crappy camera-phone:

I'm currently running the TU-2, OC-2, Mammoth, and LS-2 off the Diago PowerStation.

Problem is, power is still taking up about a third of my board. I've done the maths and if I buy connectors for the Moog and DL4 to power everything of the Diago, the current draw is 450ma (the DL4 takes 250 ma on its own).

The Diago allows for 300ma. Do I buy another, jig around so they balance up, and lose the 4-way and the Line 6 power lump, or just lose the 4-way and deal with it?

What do you guys do about your power when dealing with high-draw equipment?

Dan[/quote]

Thanks Finbar.

Here's my calculations:

----------------------- ma
Tuner-------9v------ 55
Octave ------ 9v ------4
Mammoth ---- 9v------ 0.5
DL4 ---------9v ------ 250
Low Pass ---- 9-12v----100
Line Selector ----9v ------25

Does that look right? So I can power everything off one powerstation, I just need a deluxe daisy chain and the connectors? You just saved me a bundle!!!!

Dan

Edited by TheBrokenDoor

Basically, you should never have to worry about not having enough juice from a powerstation, unless you are running some SERIOUS pedal rig. My mA draw is far more than what you are proposing, and it all works fine. Just get daisychains which are long enough for you, get the right connectors if any of your pedals (like the DL4) need them, and tape up the ends you aren't using with electrical tape. Plug it all in and you'll be fine :)