Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick Thumb Bolt On 4 String - Back up for sale SOLD

King Tut

[font="Arial"][b]06 Warwick Bolt On Thumb 4 String for sale[/b][/font]. 2006. [font="Arial Black"][b]This is in very good condition[/b][/font], plays and sounds fantastic. A previous owner changed the straplocks and shagged up when screwing one into the top horn, breaking the screw. I've had this has been professionally repaired by a luthier with a practically invisible plug - a picture shows this below. One or two very minor wear marks - nothing significant.

This includes [font="Arial Black"][b]all the usual goodies[/b][/font], wax, tools, booklet folder etc and a Warwick Rockbag.

Fitted with a 'Just a Nut II' with the tabs intact.

The original straplocks have been replaced with Dunlop straplocks.

No trades on this I'm afraid as I'm looking to reduce my collection. The bass currently resides in a local music shop for a commission sale.

[font="Arial Black"][b]Price on this is £525 firm[/b][/font] - collection from Milton Keynes. I'd rather not post.

Here's what Warwick have to say - edited to reflect this older model:

[b][font="Comic Sans MS"]Thumb Bolt-on

The body of ovangkol has an arched top and a concave back. The three-piece ovangkol neck is neatly and securely fastened to the body. The gently arched wenge fingerboard with 24 ultra-hard jumbo frets offers a high degree of playing comfort.

The Thumb is characterized by its superb attack and well defined mid growl. The electronics give the player fast freedom to vary the timbre. Ideally equipped, and finished with loving to detail, the Thumb Bolt-on bass is a sound investment and retains its value superbly.

Bolt-on
Ovangkol body
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Scale length: 34" (long scale)
24 frets
Active MEC J/J pickups
Active MEC 2-way electronics
available in Natural Oil Finish,
Warwick tuners
2-piece Warwick bridge
Warwick security locks
Black hardware
Just-A-Nut II
Weight**: 4 kg (4-string)
Warwick Black Label strings: 4-string: 045" - 105" (40200M)
Including Warwick "User Kit"
Including "Premium Line Plus" RockBag® for electric bass

[/font][/b]

Edited by King Tut

[quote name='cocco' post='958902' date='Sep 16 2010, 10:34 PM']Retains it's value indeed? Do I want a thumb or a ray/L2000/corvette $$ is the question. Me likey thumb![/quote]

Unfortunately they don't hold their value at the moment - not sure why cos they're very well made and quite different from most other basses. I'll probably keep my corvette - the ergonomics are just a bit wrong for me being a dyed in the wool Jazz Bass man!

[quote name='cocco' post='958902' date='Sep 16 2010, 10:34 PM']Retains it's value indeed? Do I want a thumb or a ray/L2000/corvette $$ is the question. Me likey thumb![/quote]
Sounds like you want a $$, a thumb is a very, very different beast to a $$, 'ray or L2k.
Sorry diverting your sale king tut! Though at this price, it shouldn't last long. If I had £550, I'd jump on this, as I have some nasty Warwick GAS right now!

Yeah - I nearly got the $$ off here - the one with gold hardware - was a really nice bass but it didn't happen. In the meantine I acquired a lovely Sandberg California JM which I think will fill my needs adequately - yummy!

Edited by King Tut

[quote name='budget bassist' post='958965' date='Sep 16 2010, 11:48 PM']Sounds like you want a $$, a thumb is a very, very different beast to a $$, 'ray or L2k.
Sorry diverting your sale king tut! Though at this price, it shouldn't last long. If I had £550, I'd jump on this, as I have some nasty Warwick GAS right now![/quote]

I know. I already have an aggressive face biting jazz but I do quite fancy a thumb. I probably shouldn't though.

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='967414' date='Sep 25 2010, 11:32 AM']Hey!

Lovely bass!

Isn't that an 2006 model?

the 06 on the back of the head leads me to believe it is :)

Plus a 1996 would have a Wenge neck (warwick stopped using wenge for necks in 2000 ish)

Absolute bargain price IMO!!!

:lol:[/quote]

Thanks Chris- yeah my bad - it's 2006 - original post corrected - not sure where me head was!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold!

To me!!

So what's all this nonsense about modern Warwick necks being thick then? This thing feels like my sterling. S'lovely. Top quality fret work too.

Not too keen on the Just-a-nuts-poo, though. I think i'll be replacing that one.

Edited by desmondpot

[quote name='desmondpot' post='1038397' date='Nov 26 2010, 10:56 PM']Sold!

To me!!

So what's all this nonsense about modern Warwick necks being thick then? This thing feels like my sterling. S'lovely. Top quality fret work too.

Not too keen on the Just-a-nuts-poo, though. I think i'll be replacing that one.[/quote]

Is the just-a-nut one of the really angular ones? I found that I was hurting my hand (the side of my index finger) on the sharp ones. Had them replaced on both my thumb basses with the newer roundy edged replacement and I never hurt myself on the nut ever since.