Why become a member? ×

Fender Form

Sparky

OK, here's my mini collection so far. Two Fender shapes plus a link to my previous post showing my Martin acoustic: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8238"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8238[/url]
[attachment=4638:P_and_J.jpg][attachment=4660:DSC00274.jpg]
First up, a superb Precision specimen: "Beedster Sig. P Mk. I" - Lovingly crafted by BassChat's very own C.Beedster Esq. Picked it up from Chris on Christmas Eve after weeks of anticipation - I've wanted a natural/maple P for years and when this one came up I jumped at it. Beautiful ash body from ESP (sanded & oiled by Beedster), fantastic, chunky Precision neck from Mighty Mite and boasting a Seymore Duncan SPB2 & Badass I, this bass sounds the absolute nuts. I wanted a bass that I couldn't walk past without picking up and twanging and Beedster delivered just that. Sweet as.
[attachment=4659:P_Full_Body.jpg]
[attachment=4643:P2.jpg]
[attachment=4644:P3.jpg]
[attachment=4645:P4.jpg]
[attachment=4646:P5.jpg]
[attachment=4647:PGrain1.jpg][attachment=4648:PGrain2.jpg]
...and second, my MIJ '62 RI Fender Jazz. Bought new in '96, this has been my trusted work-horse since I bought it. Needs a good setup and I'm considering some new hardware for it - suspect the pickups are knackered and may upgrade the bridge also... we'll see... anyway, some pics for now...
[attachment=4649:J_Full_Body.jpg]
[attachment=4650:J2.jpg]
[attachment=4651:J3.jpg]
[attachment=4652:J4.jpg]
[attachment=4653:J5.jpg]
[attachment=4654:J6.jpg][attachment=4655:J7.jpg]
so, that's all folks...for now! have a good one... sparky.
[attachment=4658:P_and_J2.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='114752' date='Jan 6 2008, 04:03 PM']Nice basses...

This made me chuckle though: [i]"Beedster Sig. P Mk. I"[/i] but then again, the Beedster does have a way of working his basses..... :huh:[/quote]

On reflection, I suspect that selling that bass, a bass I spent about 3 months putting together (about a month of which involved the fine sanding of the neck pocket to get a pretty bloody close fit with the heel), will go down as one of my great bass management errors. However, that fact that I sold it to Sparky, who is not only one of the nicest guys I've met on here, but is a guy who I suspect will own the bass until his grandson gets his first record deal in about 50 years time, makes it feel like it was the right move.

Sparky, content yourself that you've got probably the second best Precision I've ever played :) , with almost certainly the best neck ;) . I think the SPB2 was the right PUP for the music you play, but I think that had I had put an old 70's Fender PUP in there, or even an SPB1, it might have ranked number 1 overall.....

Look after it mate, and remember that if you ever sell, I have first refusal ;)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='paul, the' post='130176' date='Jan 29 2008, 05:31 PM']That P is gorguoouous! makes up for the red tort on the Jazz :)[/quote]
Haha - cheeky swine! :huh: The tort is stock but now that you mention it, i was thinking of treating the jazz to a black plate (after seeing some nice pics of a burst/black jazz for sale (i think from 'weird war') a while back)... and then never got round to it... i think at some point i'll pick up a tort for the P and a black for the jazz... give them an optional change of clothes.. be like having a ready to rock gas hit without the cash!

[quote name='Sparky' post='134844' date='Feb 6 2008, 09:17 AM']Haha - cheeky swine! :) The tort is stock but now that you mention it, i was thinking of treating the jazz to a black plate (after seeing some nice pics of a burst/black jazz for sale (i think from 'weird war') a while back)... and then never got round to it... i think at some point i'll pick up a tort for the P and a black for the jazz... give them an optional change of clothes.. be like having a ready to rock gas hit without the cash![/quote]

Great idea Sparky!

I know you can used to the look of an instrument, but a pg change can change the whole style of a bass.

black or brown tort' look super shmexy on a jazz! A black one ought not be expensive neither.