Why become a member? ×

SOLD Simms Watt PA100 MK2 SOLD

tayste_2000

Due to a bit of an overspend at Christmas and the fact it's not been used for over a year and really with a GT200, 400+ and Strategy 400 it's not going to be used any time soon

So up for grabs is the Orange faced head as I sold the Silver one a few months ago it's been fully serviced but still sporting Mullard EL34's with plenty of life left in them, I think the preamp valves are all Brimar, either way it sounds fantastic, works at 16 or 8 ohms well 15 and 7.5 but it's the same thing :) also unlike everyone that comes up on ebay this is extremely clean and well looked after.

4 channels each with their own Bass, Treble and volume controls, 2 inputs per channel which can also work as outputs so you can daisy chain channels to squeeze every last drop of volume out of it, this amp is fine for most people's gigs, Monz managed with my silver one for 3 months with my Matamp 4x10 when he was waiting for his GT200 and 2 4x10's.

Not a lot more I can say about it, it's always been my favourite sounding amp, well it and the MK2 I also have (Which I'm keeping because my g/f likes the colour more, but if you really want the MK2 over the MK1 I can sort that out that one however is loaded with old Mullard valves so sounds a bit different to this one but in a more vintage fuzzy way, this is definitely the louder of the two)

They have more low end than you'll ever need and plenty of treble on tap when you want, was good enough for the Ox to use during the 70's

After £300 but open to offers.

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

What are you doing to me dude?

Just bought a Bass Terror to tide me over until the day I can afford a GT200

You you wave this in my face?! I almought bought an ashdown little bastard - and that was only 30w. and the same price

I just bought a Bass Terror, and I got a Matamp 212 I cant even lift.

I really need this £300 (when I earn it) to go towards an orange 210 isobaric cab (for home practice/cab i can grab at a push when i cant get the Matamp)

Having said that,

Its beautiful and I hate you for making me realise the beaty of real tubes.