Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Philw

TheGreek

Just a bit of feedback for [b]philw [/b]after doing a deal for (formerly) my Fender AE semi acoustic P Bass. Nice fella, and the deal was done in a very friendly manner.

However if you are a fretless player with GAS and you're thinking of visiting him in Brighton - [b]Beware!! [/b]- he has some lovely instruments - including the blue fretless Veillette which he has as his Avatar - what a lovely bass..and that neck... I think I was lucky to leave without giving him the money back for a commissioned Veillette. Anybody considering a custom could do far worse - especially at those prices (he said £1900 for the one he has - absolute bargain!!). Thankfully his Wal was also fretless which meant that my lust for that was under controll!!

[b]Anybody wanting to do business can do so with absolute trust and confidence..Great guy..[/b]

Phil - Enjoy the bass..

• 2 weeks later...

I can only echo the comments made by other members.

Phil is great to deal with - a true gent. I bought a Vintage Modified Precision from him & it's in fantastic condition.

I couldn't pay him for a few days but he very kindly agreed to wait & it meant that I got a bass I've been wanting for a long time.

The bass was very well packed up (including a gigbag) & was despatched very quickly.

Phil - thanks very much mate - it's been a pleasure to deal with you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I bought Phil's Yamaha BEX 4 (which he restrung for me :) ). We had a nice chat, he made me a fine cup of tea, and the Yam is lovely :)
I'd be pleased to deal with him again and I hope to stay in touch. Thank you Phil, it's found a good home.