Why become a member? ×

Basschat Spotify Collaborative Playlist

clagooey

Hey all,

I've been playing bass for a while now, and I've learnt my fair share of fantastic bass lines. However, I know that there are bound to be hundreds of other songs featuring some sweet bass lines that I've never heard of. I know there are quite a few threads here already listing songs to learn, but I thought I'd put out an idea. I'm a big fan of Spotify, and I noticed it had a collaborative playlist function. Therefore, I suggest that we could make a basschat playlist, where anyone could add new songs with good bass lines that others may not have heard of. I know people would have to use spotify to benefit from it, but I think it could be a good idea. I've preliminarily set up one with 3 songs to test the water here: [url="http://open.spotify.com/user/clagooey/playlist/1M0gVCn8vA0sQN2qkts11g"]http://open.spotify.com/user/clagooey/play...8vA0sQN2qkts11g[/url]

Thoughts?

Tom

P.S. If this has been suggested before, or if this thread's in the wrong section, then sorry!

Cheers buddy; please feel free to add any songs you think the rest of us here would enjoy!

I'm hoping that (eventually!) we'll have a list of about 50+ songs added by loads of different people, so that the playlist will be a great tool for people to use if they want to listen to/ learn something different. I guess I just need to be patient and hope that this gets some traction!

Tom

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1099233' date='Jan 23 2011, 12:10 AM']how do you add songs to your list? I've subscribed as CaptMoto[/quote]

I think if you subscribe to it then you can just drag and drop songs onto it? I guess it might just take a few minutes for the adding function to be activated?... I can see you as a subscriber, so hopefully it should work now! If that doesn't work then let me know; I've never done a collaborative playlist before, but I'm pretty sure this is how they're supposed to work (as discussed here: [url="http://www.spotify.com/se/about/features/playlists/"]http://www.spotify.com/se/about/features/playlists/[/url] )

Tom

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1099252' date='Jan 23 2011, 12:56 AM']I've added a track, tell me if you can see it[/quote]

I see "I believe in miracles" and "cake hole;" good times! I had to restart it for some reason, but I can see them now. Hopefully this will be the start of something great :)

Tom

Great stuff guys; the more people involved in this will only make it better! When I get some free time I'll try and spend a couple of hours and sift through the suggestions of songs to learn already on this forum; in the mean time feel free to add as many songs as you like! Depending on how this progresses, in the future I'd be tempted to make new genre-specific playlists; I think we're OK at the moment though, and that new playlists would only be necessary if this one reached over 200 songs or so! Only time will tell, but I hope you're all finding it useful; I've already found a couple of songs that I've never heard before (especially that Joni Mitchell song!), so thanks for that.

Tom

Took some getting there but managed to sort the social side of my profile out and I have subscribed as mepsted (my surname and spotify account name). I will start checking out some of the tunes later with the cans on but the list looks good so far. Some tunes I know or know of, others I haven't heard of yet.

Good idea, lets see how this develops.

Added the following tracks/players:

The Roots feat. Erykah Badu - You Got Me (Bass by Leonard 'Hub' Hubbard)

The Roots - The Next Movement (Bass by Leonard 'Hub' Hubbard)

D'Angelo - Brown Sugar (Bass by the one and only Pino Palladino)

• 1 month later...