Why become a member? ×

Price Drop G&L L2000 FOR SALE

Jon65

G&L L2000 BASS IN FANTASTIC CONDITION. (MADE IN USA) £700

APPROX. 4 YEARS OLD AS CONFIRMED BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER. (please see posts)

THE ONLY BLEMISH IS A SMALL INDENTATION ON THE NECK (SHOWN IN THE PICTURES) WHICH DOES NOT AFFECT THE PLAYABILITY OF THE BASS AT ALL.

THIS BASS WAS MADE WITH THE G&L 'JAZZ' PROFILE NECK, SO UNUSUAL IN THAT RESPECT.

INCLUDES G&L HARD CASE AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURES AND HAS THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK GIVEN TO ME BY THE PREVIOUS OWNER.

IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT AND THE ONLY REASON FOR SALE IS THAT I NEED TO FUND AN UNEXPECTED TRIP TO AUSTRALIA.

I'M LOOKING FOR £700

Mob: 0795 119 8659

Thanks
Jon

(I'm having trouble attaching pics!! You can see this bass on e bay with pics or give me a ring and I'll forward them)
[attachment=72878:IMG00177...211_1311.jpg]
[attachment=72879:IMG00183...211_1315.jpg]

Edited by Jon65

[quote name='Jigster' post='1135478' date='Feb 21 2011, 01:58 PM']hey jon, i don't think the link is working :)[/quote]

Thanks.
I can't get the attachments to load, As I've added to the post, you can see it on e bay or if you're interested `i can forward pics to you.

Cheers
Jon

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1136675' date='Feb 22 2011, 07:18 AM']Nice one cheers, my main bass has a million dents in the neck I can try this out on :)

Would it work if the wood has been lacquered?[/quote]

Risky, any swelling of the wood around the dent may result in the lacquer cracking. I'd be minded to leave well alone & take comfort in the fact Fender charge a fortune to put dents in a bass.

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='1140365' date='Feb 24 2011, 08:14 PM']Dont bother. The mark was minisculeand it took Jon to point it out. This bass looked absolutely pristine to me
Bump for a nice straightforward guy[/quote]

[quote name='Jon65' post='1135506' date='Feb 21 2011, 02:12 PM']Thanks.
I can't get the attachments to load, As I've added to the post, you can see it on e bay or if you're interested `i can forward pics to you.

Cheers
Jon[/quote]
Hi Jon I am the original owner of this wonderful bass,which i so regretted having to sell! but was a needs must situation, alas.This bass everybody is a
truly stunning bass of pure G+L craftsmanship and the reason i bought it with the jazz neck profile was for amazing ease of play.a joy to play,wow I
wish i had the money to buy this beauty back.Whoever chooses to go for this bass in no way will be dissapointed.On a final note did i mention what a
wonderful bloke Jon is to deal with.

Good luck with the sale Jon.All the best Alan

[quote name='wright/watt' post='1152220' date='Mar 7 2011, 09:38 AM']Hi Jon I am the original owner of this wonderful bass,which i so regretted having to sell! but was a needs must situation, alas.This bass everybody is a
truly stunning bass of pure G+L craftsmanship and the reason i bought it with the jazz neck profile was for amazing ease of play.a joy to play,wow I
wish i had the money to buy this beauty back.Whoever chooses to go for this bass in no way will be dissapointed.On a final note did i mention what a
wonderful bloke Jon is to deal with.

Good luck with the sale Jon.All the best Alan[/quote]

Hi Alan
Thanks for the kind words!
If it wasn't for my sister getting married in Australia and me subsequently needing to fund a trip out there, I would never sell this fantastic bass. (I'll try not to hold it against her!!)
I've been asked several times about the age of this bass. I'd be grateful if you can let me know when you bought this bass, as the 'Bass Northwest' paperwork doesn't have a date on it.
Thanks Alan. Hope you are still playing.(What gear you use now?)

Best regards
Jon

[quote name='Jon65' post='1152263' date='Mar 7 2011, 10:12 AM']Hi Alan
Thanks for the kind words!
If it wasn't for my sister getting married in Australia and me subsequently needing to fund a trip out there, I would never sell this fantastic bass. (I'll try not to hold it against her!!)
I've been asked several times about the age of this bass. I'd be grateful if you can let me know when you bought this bass, as the 'Bass Northwest' paperwork doesn't have a date on it.
Thanks Alan. Hope you are still playing.(What gear you use now?)

Best regards
Jon[/quote]
Hi Jon

Oh yes I am still playing bass and loving the lowend as always.I am down to four four strings now.A vigier passion 111,vigier arpege IV,Peavey B quad
an a CB fretless www.cbbasses.com so i am a very,very lucky man indeed,but a man needs something else in life other than the love of a good woman!!
I bought the bass about three weeks after it came up on the new basses for sale at bassnw.so roughly the bass is three weeks older than the invoice
which dates it back 2007/8.I hope this helps? I cannot believe it has not sold YET it has such a beautiful sunburst finish. Hey good luck with the bass and I
hope your trip to Ausralia turns out to be a lot of fun.Wishing you all the best.

Alan.

[quote name='wright/watt' post='1153236' date='Mar 8 2011, 12:05 AM']Hi Jon

Oh yes I am still playing bass and loving the lowend as always.I am down to four four strings now.A vigier passion 111,vigier arpege IV,Peavey B quad
an a CB fretless www.cbbasses.com so i am a very,very lucky man indeed,but a man needs something else in life other than the love of a good woman!!
I bought the bass about three weeks after it came up on the new basses for sale at bassnw.so roughly the bass is three weeks older than the invoice
which dates it back 2007/8.I hope this helps? I cannot believe it has not sold YET it has such a beautiful sunburst finish. Hey good luck with the bass and I
hope your trip to Ausralia turns out to be a lot of fun.Wishing you all the best.

Alan.[/quote]

Thanks for your help with the date Alan!

I'm going to advertise a little longer and if there's no luck at this price I think I'll keep hold of it and enjoy playing it a bit longer, and look for another way to fund the flight?
Glad your having fun with a very nice kit line up!

All the best
Jon