Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky 24F 5 NYC **Withdrawn**

wayne58

This beauty was my main bass, but I am selling it due to returning to 4 string basses, which I find easier to play these days because of a wrist injury.
As a result I haven't touched this since buying Molan's Sadowsky Will Lee.

Ebony fingerboard
AAA quilted maple on ash
Cherry burst finish
EMG 40J pickups
Black hardware
Built February 1996

Very good condition, bar a couple of minor surface dings and some playing wear on the neck and head stock.
was £1975 now with firm and final price reduction to * £1800* including Sadowsky case and shipping in UK.
I can also deliver within 100 miles of Preston

Edited by wayne58

Hi Wayne
just 2 questions : are the gotoh bridge and emg pickups originals ?
What is the year of this lovely Sadowsky (I had the very near same one) : mine was 2003.

Bump for a really great and beautifull bass

Edited by elbassisto

Thanks for your comments elbassisto ....Yes, made in 1996 and the bridge and pickups are original, I emailed Sadowsky when I first got the bass to confirm this.

Edited by wayne58

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='lee650' post='1282860' date='Jun 26 2011, 10:53 AM']OMG that is just stunning!!being 40J does that mean the EMGS are single coil not humbuckers? i love it,id say good luck withthe sale but you wont need it :)[/quote]

Thanks for that, I know they sound great, very clean and crisp with quite a prominent mid range....very nice.
The Sadowsky preamp gives you good control too.

here is some info from EMG
[url="http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/119/28/2"]http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/119/28/2[/url]