Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Amps - query posted on Singletrackworld

tony_m

Anybody care to add anything to this discussion?

[url="http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bass-guitar-amps"]http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bass-guitar-amps[/url]

[i][color="#0000FF"]Any body got any recommendations for a separate bass amp and cab system for a band where the lead and rhythm guitarists are using 100 watts each? Playing mostly rock towards the metal end of the spectrum and using a 4 string Ibanez SDGR that cost about £350 when new. [/color][/i]

I'll assume you won't want to join the middle-aged-IT-bod-mountain-biking world of STW, so post any responses here, and I'll link it across! :)

Edited by tony_m

Sansamp DI, earplugs, smug/contemptuous expression whilst they lug their 100w stacks.

Or fitting with the request, Hartke LHx00 or Terror bass and a Barefaced cab to taste (as in get in touch with them to fine tune), the Hartke might need a Sansamp for grind. If you go with the Terror bass, you can also keep the smug expression, or pretend the Barefaced cab is really heavy as an excuse not to help with theirs.

Not much to go on from that thread. Maybe you could ask him for a budget (which I'm guessing would rule out a lot of gear, unless the sky's the limit), and whether transportation is likely to be a issue. He might be up against guitarists using 100w each, but what he'll need to compete is likely to be very different depending on whether they're playing through 4x12 full stacks or a 1x12 combo.