Why become a member? ×

Cheap'n'easy transport

Happy Jack

Found myself with a need to carry my DB nearly half a mile today. This was my solution.

Start with an uber-cheap Lidl folding trolley which I had in the back of the car anyway.

Put the DB gigbag on top.

Bungees through the two side handles.

Away we go ...

And the best bit.

Very smart, Jack. I played a gig with your (my old) DB in Camden earlier this year where I had to park the car half a mile away from the venue. I nearly expired, lugging it on my right shoulder with my combo in my left hand. Of course it would be easier still for your practices if you just bought my fretless acoustic off me :)

PS, how did the gig go today? Hope you avoided that awful downpour in SW/W London in the early part of the afternoon

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1361966' date='Sep 4 2011, 05:46 PM']PS, how did the gig go today? Hope you avoided that awful downpour in SW/W London in the early part of the afternoon[/quote]

We were on at 3:35 so the torrential downpour had just stopped. I'd spent the previous hour sitting in my car on Boston Manor Road with the rain drumming on the roof.

What's doubly sad/stupid is that the Brentford Festival (Boston Manor Gardens) was held on the same day as the London Mela (Gunnersbury Park), so that's two major outdoor events being held within a 20-minute walk of each other.

Barking mad of course, and the two events split an audience already made thin by the awful weather.

We were on the acoustic stage and never expecting a big audience, but there were probably no more than 50 people there and that was definitely disappointing.

The percussionist turned up roughly 30 seconds before we were due to go on (insert drummer/timing joke here) and the guitarist did the usual "forget what we rehearsed, let's just make it up as we go along" routine, so we had a great time.

:)

I have the same folding trolley, although got mine from Maplins.

I was transporting my bass like this (with bungee) for a while until it damaged by endpin. I was wheeling my bass to a gig around christmas time, so there was ice and snow on the pavement. Not sure how it happened, but next thing I knew the part of the end-pin used to tighten it in to position had snapped off. :S

Just watch out for that, as I wasn't doing it any differently to you - might be less of a problem on flat ground though.