Why become a member? ×

Rio De Janeiro Blue by Randy Crawford - anyone know

dodgnofski

[quote name='dodgnofski' post='1364120' date='Sep 6 2011, 02:34 PM']Hi Guys,

Does anyone know the bassline to this classic track?? - I'm struggling to pick it up on my Dansette with my old cloth ears :) !!

The dots, tabs, or even just the chords would be helpful?? - all donations gratefully received!

All the best,

Tim[/quote]

Randy did a couple of versions of this song, the later version on the Feeling Good album with Joe Sample is slower than the original.

I haven't got a chart but I've played it a few times in the past, shouldn't be too difficult to sort something when time allows.

In fact you can download it from [url="http://www.sheetmusicdirect.com/Product.aspx?ID_No=26243"]here[/url] if you install sibelius scorch first.

Keith

Edited by Mr Bassman

The original, by a guy called Richard Torrance, is pretty good too. Somewhere on YouTube land there is a vid of him performing it as some wedding in a marquee - great version, really good vibe to it. Doesn't look like he got too many royalties for it!

Thanks so much Guys - your help is & will be very much appreciated - it's hard for me to pick things out with my musically 'cloth ears' - but as bad as I am, I just love trying to do as good as job as possible for the sake of the other Guys in the band - even if it's just one note - as long as it's the right note!

Thanks again,

All the best

Tim