Why become a member? ×

Show us your (guitar) rig

EdwardHimself

Here is my guitar amp:

Peavey ultra-X 112. 60 W, 3 channels (sort of). I've had this amp for over 6 years and can't really see myself changing it any time soon. If it 'aint broke, don't fix it and all that. If I did need it to be any louder I could always get an extension cab but I can't imagine I would.

I spent ages looking for the right head and finally setted on this Fryette Deliverance 60. It's a single channel amp, no unnecessary nonsense or ultra confusing options for a gobsh*te like me. It'll do sparkling clean to really crushing distortion and all loveliness inbetween. I looked at Mesas, Marshalls and everything else, this one just spoke to me and it's an amazing piece of kit. The cab is a Peavey Valveking 4x12, I was running out of money and needed a cab to gig so this was pretty cheap and did the job decently. I'd like to get the Fryette 2x12 in the future but the bank practically insist I pay the mortgage first.

I've a delightful Ampeg 2x12" combo I'll add if I can find a pic. I did gig with it a couple of times but it was just way too heavy which is why I needed to source the head instead.

We moved house a while ago (4 yrs) and I haven't got anywhere to put my guitar amps. And it's a rent, so no annoying the neighbours. So they're still mostly wrapped up :(

[size=3]Worst Guitar Rig Shot Ever[/size]

[color=#ffffff][size=3].[/size][/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1325886419' post='1489547']
We moved house a while ago (4 yrs) and I haven't got anywhere to put my guitar amps. And it's a rent, so no annoying the neighbours. So they're still mostly wrapped up :(

[size=3]Worst Guitar Rig Shot Ever[/size]

[color=#FFFFFF][size=3].[/size][/color]
[/quote]

That sucks :( whatever is in there looks pretty epic though lol.

[quote name='alanbass1' timestamp='1325973663' post='1490677']
This does me, my '56 Tele and Kingsley Deluxe 30 with a Monsterpiece fuzz pedal:

[/quote]

Don't want this rig, (especially that 56 Tele) at all. Not at all. Well, maybe a bit.

Even if you did sell that guitar, I know I can't afford it

Bah - Damn GAS, thought I'd escaped until now

The cab was a loan from a friend, I use a Line 6 2 by 12 with a couple of Celestions bunged in as the original speakers were terrible.

Guitar wise:-
Fender Jazzmaster (sunburst)
Gibson Les Paul Standard (black)
Ibanez Les Paul (black)

Pedalboard (currently):-
Ernie Ball volume pedal
Fredric Effects Harmonic Percolator
Line 6 M5
MXR Carbon Copy
Also got a Deviever Vintage Fuzz Master I have yet to try out

Well gang,

At the moment, it feels like I'm the luckiest bloke alive. It's my birthday today (60) and last night we had a party. My guitarist turned up with our friend who built his (and my) guitar heads. He knew that I'd been hankering after a head like mine but in combo format ( which he does not make) for some time and had always said that if I hit the lottery, I'd commission one.

It seems that there is now a "Keith" (yeah I know) combo in the range as my wife had done just that and had one built for me.

40 watts, reverb that is progressive with the gain control. Celestion G12 Rock driver and an impedance control to match the amp with pickup output.

Got to bed at 6 am so gonna plug in and give it a blast later tonight.

I seriously don't deserve my wife.

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1326656259' post='1500079']
That is awesome!!
[/quote]

Cheers Guys. I just hope I can do it some justice. I'm no Larry Carlton, more Larry Grayson. Bought the little Peavey to use at rehearsals here so no other bugger gets to use my head and the 2x12 stereo was meant to replace my Blues Deville for clean stuff. I need more space :o

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1326642472' post='1499834']
Well gang,

At the moment, it feels like I'm the luckiest bloke alive. It's my birthday today (60) and last night we had a party. My guitarist turned up with our friend who built his (and my) guitar heads. He knew that I'd been hankering after a head like mine but in combo format ( which he does not make) for some time and had always said that if I hit the lottery, I'd commission one.

It seems that there is now a "Keith" (yeah I know) combo in the range as my wife had done just that and had one built for me.

40 watts, reverb that is progressive with the gain control. Celestion G12 Rock driver and an impedance control to match the amp with pickup output.

Got to bed at 6 am so gonna plug in and give it a blast later tonight.

I seriously don't deserve my wife.
[/quote]

happy birthday then!

this is one the coolest presents a wife could hand to a musician. double congrats on this. :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1326123020' post='1492558'] This my rig for acoustic and electric guitar, and bass. That's it. Nothing else except a cable and a guitar. DI straight to desk, PA, etc. [/quote]

I was thinking about getting one of these, I've never really been into using a lot of different tones. Plus I've got a "guitar rig" now so I could just take that to gigs if I was feeling particularly lazy at some point lol.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1326642472' post='1499834'] Well gang, At the moment, it feels like I'm the luckiest bloke alive. It's my birthday today (60) and last night we had a party. My guitarist turned up with our friend who built his (and my) guitar heads. He knew that I'd been hankering after a head like mine but in combo format ( which he does not make) for some time and had always said that if I hit the lottery, I'd commission one. It seems that there is now a "Keith" (yeah I know) combo in the range as my wife had done just that and had one built for me. 40 watts, reverb that is progressive with the gain control. Celestion G12 Rock driver and an impedance control to match the amp with pickup output. Got to bed at 6 am so gonna plug in and give it a blast later tonight. I seriously don't deserve my wife. [/quote]

Epic, what a nice present.

Edited by EdwardHimself

• 1 month later...

Here's my guitar amp - it's one I built myself. The circuit and layout are closely based on a Fender Princeton Reverb, and it's in a lightweight (9mm) birch plywood cabinet with an Eminence 1028k alnico 10" speaker. It does about 15 watts, is light enough to lug around on the bus and has reverb and tremolo to die for! Even though it's only 15 watts and a single 10", it's as loud as I usually need when playing semi-clean with my band. [attachment=101858:princeton front.jpg][attachment=101859:princeton rear.jpg]

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1331066607' post='1567220']
Here's my guitar amp - it's one I built myself. The circuit and layout are closely based on a Fender Princeton Reverb, and it's in a lightweight (9mm) birch plywood cabinet with an Eminence 1028k alnico 10" speaker. It does about 15 watts, is light enough to lug around on the bus and has reverb and tremolo to die for! Even though it's only 15 watts and a single 10", it's as loud as I usually need when playing semi-clean with my band. [attachment=101858:princeton front.jpg][attachment=101859:princeton rear.jpg]
[/quote]
congrats, very cool! :)

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50579126@N03/6127387473/"][/url]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50579126@N03/6127387473/"]SG[/url] by [url="http://www.flickr.com/people/50579126@N03/"]Plastic Squirrel[/url], on Flickr

Here's my VOX V-15, with my current favourite guitar, much gutted and mucked about with 99 Epi SG400 (Korean) with Di marzios and stuff done to it.