Why become a member? ×

molan

Geejay

Eventually got to Henley to try out molan's Modulus VJ. Had a very pleasant hour trying out various bits of his gear and basses. I even bought the VJ too. Top marks for molan. The bass is great, even better condition than described and molan makes a great cup of tea. He was very helpful in waiting for me to find a day to travel over to try the bass.
Very friendly and helpful and a great guy to deal with.
A very happy Geejay. :)

[quote name='Geejay' post='210736' date='Jun 1 2008, 08:27 PM']Eventually got to Henley to try out molan's Modulus VJ. Had a very pleasant hour trying out various bits of his gear and basses. I even bought the VJ too. Top marks for molan. The bass is great, even better condition than described and molan makes a great cup of tea. He was very helpful in waiting for me to find a day to travel over to try the bass.
Very friendly and helpful and a great guy to deal with.
A very happy Geejay. :)[/quote]

You like my tea - my wife hates it!

Hope you have many hours of fun with the VJ :huh:

• 1 month later...

Barrie's the man; great guy, and very honourably saw a "three-way swap" deal through with me even after one of the parties had dropped out and he could quite legitimately have pulled out too. Traded a jetglo Rickenbacker for a jetglo Rickenbacker! (but mine was a guit*r, his was a bass). Obviously knows and looks after his gear, would deal again with him any time. :)

• 1 month later...

I've just had Barrie come around with his EBS Proline 2x10 and his Sadowsky, and I can happily say he is such a nice bloke, great player and knows his stuff, and the EBS is perfect for what I'm after and I would definetly recommend anyone who has opportunity to meet him to do so.

Thanks again Barrie!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a trip down to South Mimms to meet Barrie earlier today to exchange an envelope bursting with bits of paper for a lovely Status Series II bass. He actually threw a case in with the deal and so he will receive some strings in the post! Seriously, we'd never met before but feel like I've known him for years - top man!

Cheers!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did a straight amp swap with Barrie today at sunny Gordano services on the M5. I was his second deal of the day, en route to his third (with Josh), don't know how he finds the time to play bass! Anyway, just like my last deal with him; super-slick, friendly, great communicator, all-round good guy. :)

Edited by Shaggy

[quote name='Shaggy' post='558710' date='Aug 2 2009, 08:05 PM']Did a straight amp swap with Barrie today at sunny Gordano services on the M5. I was his second deal of the day, en route to his third (with Josh), don't know how he finds the time to play bass! Anyway, just like my last deal with him; super-slick, friendly, great communicator, all-round good guy. :)[/quote]

I'm jut praying the amp works OK Greg - or is at least easily fixable!

Been home about half an hour :lol:

As ever, always a pleasure to meet fellow bass players - even if only in a service station :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I suppose it was inevitable that Barrie and I would run in to each other one day! :)

Great bloke to deal with and certainly one to chew the bass fat with with a few hours. Great taste in instruments too.

Go ahead, deal with confidence and tell him I sent ya :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

[quote name='Pentode' post='726009' date='Jan 27 2010, 08:05 AM']Just bought Barries' Trace and QSC.

Barrie is an absolute pleasure to deal with and seriously efficient when it comes to shipping stuff!

Thanks Barrie!

Grahame[/quote]

It was a pleasure :)

Especially to receive the [i]"Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it!"[/i] message after it arrived :rolleyes:

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='726376' date='Jan 27 2010, 02:28 PM']Bit of an odd one this but i swapped my mountain bike for Barries Siggery V before the new year. As ever with Barrie, everything goes as smooth as butter :)

How are you finding the bike btw?? :rolleyes:[/quote]

The bike is great!

have only used it a couple of times and need to get my seat height stuff sorted. I'm waiting for weather to get a bit warmer, lol.

How is the Siggery?

[quote name='molan' post='726404' date='Jan 27 2010, 02:58 PM']The bike is great!

have only used it a couple of times and need to get my seat height stuff sorted. I'm waiting for weather to get a bit warmer, lol.

How is the Siggery?[/quote]

lol, pansy :)

Really enjoying the Siggery, think i'm deffinitly going to get a preamp put back into it to give it some more umph, but going to see how it sounds through the EBS microbass i'm getting next week first!!

Jake