Why become a member? ×

Traded its gone!!!!!!!

lee650

Hi everyone
Up for trade is my Warwick streamer jazzman 5 in burgundy red, swamp ash body with a AA grade flamed maple top MEC musicman and jazz pickups with three way coil switching on MM pickup (a la musicman sterling) absolutley fantastic sound had nothing but compliments in the tone, incredibly versatile i have used this bass in most musical situations and it always fitted,warm sound with a modern edge ,more importantly it slaps great and sounds funky.
Ive played this bass all over the world and it has collected a few dings, and one quite large dent in the front (courtesty of a drummers music stand during a force 10gale :) :huh: :huh: ) id only had it a month,(bought new £1300 from sound control in newcastle) this in no way affects the playability or tone of this instrument as im sure you all know.
It has very recently been fret dressed and set up , it has also has an upgraded nut which is a big improvement.
If anyone is near bolton lancs and fancies trying it out they are more than welcome.
Would consider a Trade with similar value 5 string bass Especiall y a good jazz, fender marcus miller anyone!!! ot maple necked 70,s style. (NOW GONE!!!!!)
all the best :huh:
[attachment=19131:P1180084.JPG][attachment=19130:P1180075.JPG][attachment=19129:P1180082.JPG][attach
ment=19128:P1180076.JPG][attachment=11647:67DE8360.jpg][attachment=19127:P1180079.JPG][attachment=13
07:P9070009.JPG]
A few newer pics, see if any fancies it,

Edited by lee650

Hey Lee, I've pm'd you now.

I thought after sending the message that the questions I've asked might be of interest to other potential buyers too, or at least you can all laugh at me for being a goober and asking dumb questions!

You said there's a few dings on the bass, Is the big scrape above the pickups the worst one? I'm assuming that it wouldn't still be there if it were just a case of polishing it out, right?

I know the Jazzmans (Jazzmen?) are really tonally varsatile, but I'm not much of a knob-tweaker (oof!) so how much like a Fender Jazz does it sound without much tweakery? I mean with centre notch/all one way adjustments and so on. I'm not bothered if it doesn't sound just like a Fender (what would be the point?) but something of that ilk is what I'm after, I like a nice crisp slappy sound to cut through the mix.

Cheers!

Hi there
The scratch on th front is the worst one by far, all the other dings are very small, like all basses get when they,ve been used professionally for over 5 years ( 5 sets a day 7 days a week), the coloured oil satin finish on the LX basses is quite soft and easily dinged, and try as i might a fes small dings are inevitable.
Regarding the sound, i also own a musicman sterling and a 82 squire jazz and the warwick is totally diffrent it has its own sound, but the overall bias is toward the sound of a musicman, you can split the humbucker into single coil then use it with the jazz, but it doesnt sound owt like a fender jazz, more like the traditional warwick sound( like the LX with 2 x MEC jazz pickups, the MEC musicman humbucker does have diffrent outputs when switching between series/paralell mode, not sure if thats the norm on these basses, im sure other Basschatters can verify this, i do tend to favour the paralell setting mixed with the jazz, this gives me the best of both worlds,, if your wanting crisp slap sounds, it can do that, it does have a very warm sound for a warwick , more so than the all maple bodied (the jazzman has a swamp ash body with a figured maple top)which prob has more bite for slap, it has an MEC 3 band EQ which to be honest i usually keep fairly flat, a bit of bass boost and a little mid cut, and it sounds clear well rounded and modern and ive never had trouble cutting through very large bands(well im always being told inm too loud ha ha :) )
To be honest im talking myself out of selling it actually.
Hope this helps mate- take care- lee ps will reply to your pm as well!

Hey Lee, I've pm'd you now.

I thought after sending the message that the questions I've asked might be of interest to other potential buyers too, or at least you can all laugh at me for being a goober and asking dumb questions!

You said there's a few dings on the bass, Is the big scrape above the pickups the worst one? I'm assuming that it wouldn't still be there if it were just a case of polishing it out, right?

I know the Jazzmans (Jazzmen?) are really tonally varsatile, but I'm not much of a knob-tweaker (oof!) so how much like a Fender Jazz does it sound without much tweakery? I mean with centre notch/all one way adjustments and so on. I'm not bothered if it doesn't sound just like a Fender (what would be the point?) but something of that ilk is what I'm after, I like a nice crisp slappy sound to cut through the mix.

Cheers!
[/quote]

[quote name='lee650' post='260483' date='Aug 11 2008, 11:54 PM']Too many warwicks, not enough warwick fans :huh: guess no one wantsthis bargain, will prob have to keep it :) all the best- lee

Bump for this funky beast, warwicks are great- lee[/quote]

Don't know what it is.... Thumbs seem do do alright. Perhaps the Warwick "look" isn't in fashion at the moment - that'll come full circle eventually. Also the second hand market in general isn't up to much at the moment, we've had Laklands and other great instruments waiting to sell on this board....

Trick is just to keep bumping and be patient, I think...

• 1 month later...

If you sanded the body back, smoothed it with scotchbrite and waxed it with Warwick wax you'd have the scratches out no problem. Obviously you'd lose the red... :)

I'm just mentioning it because it might help your sale/trade along.....

Cheers,

[quote name='lee650' post='288246' date='Sep 20 2008, 09:30 PM']Hi everyone!!
really fancy a fender marcus miller 5 string, so if someones got one and fancies a change too, giz a pm.
LEE
ps- may consider, american active 5 string jazzes,pref maple fingerboard let me know what you have![/quote]

Edited by rjb

Just a quick note to say that I've done business with Lee in the past, and he's a great guy to deal with - very helpful and friendly, and makes a great cup of tea!!

I also got to noodle-around on the Jazzman at the time, and it really is a lovely bass - very easy to play, and very funky!

Anyway - Hope someone bites soon Lee, hope the Tri10's working-out for you, and hope the move's going smoothly

Rich

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That is a beautiful looking guitar and the price is pretty good too as I saw one go for closer to £800 on Ebay this week! I had the four string version and it's incredibly sonically versatile because of the meatiness of the MM style pickup and the jazz pickup coupled with the active\passive blend nob.

For anyone considering doing business with Lee, I've recently had experience of this and he's one of the nicest guys and the transaction couldn't have gone smoother.

All the best with the sale Lee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No problem, Lee! :)

[quote name='lee650' post='447746' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:28 PM']Thanks for the intrest everyone, i dont actually want to sell this (especially at that price) so im keeping it for the time being, will still consider any trade offers for a decent 5 string of similar value (especially if its jazz shaped) , My apologies Christiaan PM sent - all the best - lee[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='lee650' post='465994' date='Apr 18 2009, 11:27 AM']May still consider trades for a decent 5 string fender marcus miller 5/Fender Jazz(US) /lakland skyline 5 /musicman stingray HH - WHY[/quote]

BUMP - very recently set up and nut replaced with a JUST A NUT3 a big improvement, what 5/s do you have ? PM me!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Still fancy a trade on a diffrent 5 string, let me know what you have, would like fender jazz(pref maple board), musicman stingray(rosewood Twin pickup) any lakland skyline WHY
PS the pics do not do this bass justice i need a better camera!!!
if youve owt interesting giz a PM - LEE

Edited by lee650