Why become a member? ×

SOLD Trace Elliot 1818x cab/wheeled flightcase in Leeds SOLD

tonewheelkev

:) [font="Comic Sans MS"][size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]Hi...
....is anyone out there....??

...as it says....Trace Elliot 1818x cab and substantial wheeled flightcase for sale.
Am informed that it travelled with 80's band 'Prefab Sprout' [b](Thanks to cd_david for confirming that!!)[/b]....and it has the original drivers:
Trace/Celestion 18" and Fane 10" :huh:

See: [url="http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/te1818.htm#GB"]http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/te1818.htm#GB[/url] ....for specs (dimensions/weight)
(THANKS GB Audio!!!)

"...Single 18" bass speaker and special high frequency 10" speaker with built in crossover.
Nominal power handling is 200 watts full range and the nominal cabinet impedance is 8 Ohms.......

N.B. When used in bi-amplified mode the specifications are:
bass 200 watts (8 Ohms), treble 150 watts (16 Ohms)....."

Thanks to several of you for your views on value.....think at[/font][/size] [size=6][font="Comic Sans MS"]....... £200[/font][/size][size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"], it could be good value to someone out there!!?

Why not come along, and be the first......[b][i]yes the first[/i][/b] (after more than[b].....WAIT FOR IT!!!.....[/b][/font][/size] [b][i][u][size=7]6000 [/size][/u][/i][/b][b][size=3]{9th May} [/size][/b][size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]hits...is this a record!?) to actually have a look!!??

[b][i]Tel Kev on 0113 2748112....or call/text 07929 882773 !![/b][/i][/font][/size][/font] :huh:

[attachment=12872:Case.JPG][attachment=12870:View.JPG][attachment=12871:Flight.JPG][size="4"][/size] Edited by tonewheelkev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='292350' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:37 AM']I absolutely worship Prefab Sprout and Martin is a massively underated bass player and what a tone, Stingray-graphite neck, done.
I can't believe Paddy is going blind. :)
"Life's, not complete, till your heart skips a beat"[/quote]

+1

A fantastic band and Martin is/was a really decent bassist and is tone stood out a mile.

Not sure I could justify a Trace Cab though :huh:

[quote name='ste_m3' post='292353' date='Sep 26 2008, 12:45 AM']If i had the income i think this would compliment my V4 nicely! We shall see what i have left over when ive paid off al my debts![/quote]

That’s the sensible view on things. I should really take a leaf out of your book :)

Great price for a fully flightcased cab IMO. Have a cheeky 18” {:brow:}bump…

[quote name='tonewheelkev' post='308746' date='Oct 17 2008, 03:48 PM']....Thanks for t'bump... :)
Sure I saw 'em at Leeds (...then) Polytechnic...but have no recollection of the gear used!
Would have been around '88.....????[/quote]Saw them at Liverpool Uni 1985 on the "Steve McQueen" tour, I don't think he had this cab back then but his sound was incredible (I was standing right in front of him, as I do with any band I go to see, right by the bassist, did it with Motorhead on the "Iron Fist" tour, couldn't hear for three days).

"Words, are just trains, for moving past what really has no name"
P McAloon
I love Paddy, Swoon. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Moving back up to Lincoln in the next week. Could look into shifting a few bits on ebay and using the money to grab this cab... I love my Trace 2x15 but am after a bit more high end response, and im guessing this would do nicely with a 10 and 18. Also being flightcased is a bonus as my cab's gotten a bit scraped up...

Well, I won't guarantee anything, but this things been here for so long I feel like maybe its meant to be, i'll look into it!

• 3 weeks later...

It is a 1-man lift, but best as a 2-man carry due to the front-to-back dimension.

The handles are placed so that it is balanced when carried if you want to have a go, but you have to bend your knees and lift with your legs.

A short person won't see over it when carrying....

Shifts significant air, though - and totally worth the lift!

[quote name='Hoppo75' post='391756' date='Jan 26 2009, 01:55 PM']I'm so, so tempted. Need to have a chat with her indoors and it'll fully depend on me getting rid of the Trusty old 715 combo. Will do some serious thinking over the next couple of days and get back asap.[/quote]
You're welcome to come along and have a look!
Are you local? ("This is a Local shop for Local people....etc etc...!!)

Kev