Why become a member? ×

Inexpensive t-shirt printing for band merchandise?

MacDaddy

We have used various companies to print a set number to sell at gigs etc. But recently I came across 'Dizzyjam' and looks interesting. I haven't tried it, but it looks attractive as a very easy fuss-free way to offer a few designs, and you can advertise them from your website. They get a significant cut, but apart from the initial design you need to do little else...

[url="http://www.dizzyjam.com/"]http://www.dizzyjam.com/[/url]

It may not be the best choice to print say 200 T-shirts for you to take to gigs, but it looks like a nice thing you can add to the band website.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1489746456' post='3259367']
Start by getting a quote from [url="http://www.awesomemerchandise.com"]Awesome Merchandise[/url], and then Google local T-shirt printers in your area and see if any of them can beat it.
[/quote]

10 t-shirts, 1 colour print front & back, £120.00!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1489746437' post='3259366']
One of the best I've seen is a company called Monster Screen Prints. Could be worth a look, not sure on pricing etc but a mate of mine uses them regularly
[/quote]

I'd second that. My band have been using them for years. Decent prices and great quality.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1489783024' post='3259891']
10 t-shirts, 1 colour print front & back, £120.00! ��
[/quote]

The thing with T-shirt printing is that you pay a lot for the first print - usually around £40 per colour per side - and after that the unit price is relatively low. So you need to order a decent quantity - ideally 100 minimum and then you start getting more sensible prices of around £350-400 for a single colour print front and back.

The tricky part is working out how many of each size you need to order. IME no matter how many skinny hipsters make up your audience, the people who buy T-shirts tend to be on the lager side, so bias your order towards L, XL and even XXL sizes.

And FWIW I've used both Awesome Merchandise and Shirty Something for T-shirt printing (100 T-shirts). Quality of both was excellent (print and T-shirts themselves).

Awesome Merchandise were slightly cheaper and very slightly quicker in their turnaround.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1490041269' post='3261716']
I would like a company which prints down arms and stuff. I would like a large print running down arms which was only legible when both arms are held straight out. Am I dreaming or is this do-able?
[/quote]

This would be on long-sleeved shirts and just on the arms, visible from the front rather than the sides as usual?

In theory this would be possible. In practice because most small volume T-shirt printers are set up with a standard printing carousel for printing on the body of the shirt, it probably won't be cost effective unless you are ordering several thousands of shirts.

I've just done a quick search and there are a couple of firms who claim to be able to do this but they are all custom orders and they are located in the US.

I would suggest searching for local T-shirt printers and contacting them directly by phone to see if they can accommodate your needs. Be prepared for it to be expensive.