Why become a member? ×

Cardiff gear exchange. all proceeds go to charity buy/sell/swap your gear

Mike1

We are hoping to make this a regular event.
There are spaces for around 32 seller pitches.
All moneies raised go towards the renovation of the roof.

This is a great opportunity for all music lovers to buy/sell/swap their gear.

We have a wide range of guitar and bass amps that will be available to buy at rock bottom prices, including tech and P.a.systems
Donations of unwanted equipment always welcome as we teach a lot of special needs children and young adults, so tend to go through a lot of guitars and drum sticks

Let's make this a great regular event

Thanks for reading
Please feel free to share and spread the word

Thanks for your comments guys.

I've literally started as a full time volunteer there, as of a month ago, and, this is my first idea/project.
I thought it would be great to bring everyone together under one roof for a regular event.
If you feel like spreading the word, please do, as we have no confirmed bookings yet.
If it does go well there is no reason we can't make it a regular event of perhaps every 2-3months, however it's early days yet, and, nowhere near enough people have heard about this, but I'm hopeful.

Edited by Mike1

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to add a bit more to this thread.

Met Mike yesterday to help fix his bass head. He's a really nice guy who is going to be an asset to the community centre.

I have known and helped out there many times over the last twenty years. They have always been strapped for cash but the volunteers have always gone the extra mile for the kids and locals in need.
They have basic musiacl equipment and recording kit. But it is showing its age. They have recently lost council funding, ( which was poor) and need all the help thay can get.

For those that come to the Cardiff bass bash, we may consider holding there and helping out with donantions etc.

Hiya Mike.
I've a gig on (festival) up the valleys - so might be tricky to get along
Perhaps I can come for an hour at the start?
Are punters welcome to bring gear / guitars along to trade with the stall holders?

Good luck with it - hope you raise some cash for the charity, and hope you do this event again :)