Why become a member? ×

NGD! Highway One Tele :)

paul h

Finally...my Highway One tele has arrived! Bought it off a friend who was kind enough to make a fair old drive to drop it off for me!

It was his main guitar for 10 years and seeing it has a thin nitro finish, it is nicely, and genuinely battled scarred :D I've already tinkered with it :D Added brass saddles, raised the action, reset the intonation.

Unbelievably this is my first ever US Fender! I'm really pleased...it still needs some work to make it cope with my big fat fingers but it will get there.

The question is...is it better than my modded SX Tele that owes me about £200 all in? To be honest...no :D But I love it nonetheless :D

[attachment=243368:WP_20170419_10_12_39_Pro1.jpg]

Sorry for the rubbish photo :D

Edited by paul h

Thanks all :)

I have to admit, I'm struggling with the 3 saddle bridge as I always do! I just can't seem to play in tune with them! I know others cope with the sketchy intonation and make it work but it's not something I can do.

I put some compensated saddles on I already had but they haven't really helped....so I have ordered a 6 saddle bridge instead. I was hoping to keep it stock but needs must!