Why become a member? ×

Hello from Zürich...

The Counsellor

Hello everybody, my name's Ralf. I'm originally from Germany but moved to Zürich/Switzerland over 12 years ago. Both my grandparents were professional musicians so that must've had an Impact on me I guess.
Started playing Bass in 1986 with a first ever liveshow the following year 1987. Since then I played in various bands/projects and/or for single artists. Usually in the genre of Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and even Thrash/Death etc. Some of my influences are John Entwistle, Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Geddy Lee, Steve DiGiorgio just to name a few...
I was lucky enough to achieve nearly 20 album recordings and international releases so far, various European tours and Festival liveshows (smaller, mostly mid-sized and a (very few) couple of stadiums).
In addition I'm a singer/songwriter and live/tour bass/guitar tech (even though that's a couple of years ago). Currently I play in three active bands with one of 'em being my own (my lifeblood so to say...).
Still semi-pro so I never could make a living solely on playing and writing. In my dayjob I'm a counsellor and coach (life, career etc. hence my profile name.

As far as my gear/equipment is concerned: endorsed by Spector Basses USA. But I play Rickenbacker 4003 and Fender Precision and Jazz Basses as well (depending on the band and style).
Amps: Mesa Boogie M9 Carbine, Orange OB1-500, Orange AD200B MK3, EBS Compressor Pedal, Darkglass Microtubs B3K Pedal, Electro Harmonix Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pedal, Vovox Cables etc.

Over the decades I had several teachers and attended various summer programs at academies/colleges. This summer I'll start studying for my BA degree...rather late than never :lol: :D...

I'm looking for good chats and for a creative exchange of opinions regarding equipment, playing techniques, songwriting/composing and so on...and I'm always open for new and challenging sessions and other creative collaborations...and questions are always welcome...looking forward talking to you guys.

Cheers and have a nice weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ralf, and welcome from South Wales,

Some great influences there, and great gear too - lucky you!
I see you play several brands and types of bass. You are not alone in owning probably more than you really need lol :)
So you're in good company, among us bass addicts

Well done on the recordings too
Join in and have fun

Cheers
Marc

Edited by Marc S