Why become a member? ×

FS: Zander Tape Deck Delay Pedal - Limited Edition - SOLD
£75

Scooby

Acquired this amazing delay pedal and have to admit to being smitten! It's an amazingly versatile pedal ranging from a subtle hint of delay to an all out Dr Who/Close Encounters type of weirdness. There is such a range of options available on this pedal. It's a limited edition with full paint job, very robust construction and it has a real quality look and sound to grace any pedalboard. If I were to indulge in separate pedals this would have pride of place on my board but I'll stick with my multi-effects. So, for a mint condition, only a few weeks old, pedal this is a gem. Asking £75 including postage to mainland UK.

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcSGM0K_9A

Zander: http://www.zandercircuitry.co.uk/product/tape-deck-delay-limited-edition/
[b] DESCRIPTION[/b]
[color=#666666]
The tape deck is the ultimate lo-fi tape echo emulation pedal.[/color][color=#666666]
Inspired by the sounds of vintage tape echo units, the tape deck can create everything from dark washes of delay through to pitch-bent broken vinyl echoes.[/color][color=#666666]
The controls:
Mix – The wet/dry balance (does not go 100% wet)
Feedback – The number of repeats (very interactive with the tone knob)
Time – Delay time
Tone – go from dark to extremely dark repeats
Depth – Modulation depth
Speed – Modulation speed
Shape – Modulation shape (sine or square wave)[/color][color=#666666]
Delay times range from almost nothing to approx 850ms, the longer the delay time, the noisier/lower the fidelity of the repeats and the quicker they begin to distort/mash into one another.[/color][color=#666666]
The modulation only effects the wet signal and is separately foot switchable, the modulation section is capable of a wide range of chorus, vibrato and flanger like effects, whether you’re after a slight wobble or full on pitch shifting madness the tape deck can cover it.[/color][color=#666666]
If you set the delay time very short and roll the mix knob back you can create some lo-fi faux chorus/vibrato effects.[/color][color=#666666]
Expression controls:
EXP 1 – Control the feedback/repeats, very useful in a live situation where you can alternate between single repeats and self-oscillation.
EXP 2 – Manual “tape glitch”, this alters the delay time ever so slightly as you sweep through the range of the expression pedal, creating some subtle pitch-bending effects, similar to a tape on a tape echo speeding up and slowing down as it is pulled and stretched around a tape head.[/color]

Edited by Scooby