Why become a member? ×

Hi from Victoria, Australia

durhamboy

I bought my first bass in the early 70's and built my first one in 1981, though haven't played bass since '82. Though I've built and repaired/customised guitars ever since, it's only now at retirement I'm getting back into playing bass and building basses. I feel like I have some huge gaps to fill in terms o bass playing an modern bass technology, so having checked out Basschat several times, here I am saying hello.

Welcome from someone with dual UK/Aus nationality (we still can't decide if we want to move to Aus or stay here in the UK. Think we've probably left it too long now, but my god mother is in East Malvern, Melbourne, so I'll be near your neck of the woods when we visit next year). Hopefully you'll get everything you need, and a whole lot you don't, from here :)

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. Seems like a nice atmosphere with lots of helpful discussion.

6feet7, I hope you enjoy your visit next year, I'm sure you will. I've been here since I was 16 and while I have fond memories of Britain, but guess nearly 50 years here makes me an Aussie.