Why become a member? ×

Tracktion 6 - Now Free

Mcgiver69

Hi guys,

The good people at Tracktion have decided that giving Tracktion T5 for free was not enough and not they have decided to give Tracktion T6 for free and T7 comes bundle in all Behringer digital recording products.

Tracktion is a free DAW, is very easy to use and come complete with no restrictions.

It work son Mac, Windows and Linux (64 bits only)

Here's the link if you want to give it a go.

https://www.tracktion.com/products/t6-daw

There are lots of free instructional videos on youtube.

BTW I do not have any relationship with this company I just thought it would benefit any new or experienced home recording buff.

That's interesting. I put together a PC-based recording setup a month or two ago & downloaded a few free/unrestricted DAWs to try: Reaper, Studio1 and Tracktion 5. Out of those I definitely find myself using T5 the most, despite (or maybe because of!) the unconventional front end - so I'll definitely give this a go.

Hopefully my T5 projects will load without issue.

Yes they will, I downloaded T7 as I have a Behringer interface and it opens my projects like nothing, I even tried T7 on Linux (64 bits only) and it opened the project just without the 3rd party plugins I used.

I found out that it makes less daunting the task of recording music especially if you're not an experienced home recorder.

BTW I would recommend downloading the Reaper plugin suite, those plugins will work in T6 and I still can't believe they are given them for free, they are way better than the ones coming in T6.

Edited by Mcgiver69