Why become a member? ×

SOLD! 87 Ken Smith BT6 - NEW PRICE
£3200

michele

***PRICE IS 2200 GBP***

Very reluctant sale but I'm probably a 4 string guy.
Up for sale is my 1987 Ken Smith BT6.
Five piece neck-through with tiger maple body wings and ebony fingerboard.
The bass shows it has been played and for a reason: it's very resonant and have a deep, organic voice as you would expect from a 30 year vintage piece of art in the form of a musical instrument.
The lacquer finish has gone from the rear of the neck making it the fastest smoothest and comfortable neck I've ever played.
There are spots where the wood has worn, most noticeably in the "slap and pop" area under the C string, over the bridge pickup where the thumb rests and in the upper body area where the plucking arm rests.
Nics and dings as you would expect from a bass that's being enjoyed for more than 30 years.
Everything is perfectly functional, pickups, preamp, trussrod, tuners, bridge saddles etc.
Setup with a very nice low action.
Weight is 11 lbs/5 kgs and it comes in a Hiscox case.

PRICE IS NOW GBP 2200

Eye candy:

[attachment=252999:bt6_zpsc4312n5u.jpg]

[attachment=253000:20170311_160018_zpscszmsg4n.jpg]

[attachment=253001:20170311_160044_zpsod5gku0r.jpg]

[attachment=253002:20170311_160050_zps8cmv8ktg.jpg]

[attachment=253003:bt6backbis_zpsvqlfbnxg.jpg]

Edited by michele

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've actually had a talk with a pro seller about the correct evaluation of this bass. Given the cosmetics I'm actually putting this up for sale again at 2200 GBP.
Again, everything on the bass is totally functioning. The sound is killer and playability is top notch.
Here's your chance of owning a vintage Ken Smith at a bargain price.
Worth mentioning that for the next week or so the bass is in the UK so shipment for british guys (and gals) would be very convenient.

Edited by michele