Why become a member? ×

Finally... Its here!

elsharko

Pretty pricey, Andrew at guitarsjapan.com found it for me. It cost $2350 + shipping, Paypal fees & import tax. And with the exchange rate as it is...
I had to sell my Bacchus, US Jazz Deluxe, Laney RB7 and various other nik naks to even come close to it. ;)

Edited by elsharko

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='402974' date='Feb 7 2009, 06:15 PM']Lovely! Is it here yet? Is it here yet? More pics please when it arrives.[/quote]

Alas its alittle ways off yet, I should think customs will throw it in a corner for a week or so just to torment me. You can see the shop pics here though, and I thoroughly recommend shopping here, Andrew is a great guy who shopped around for me and gave timely lengthly responses to all my annoying questions. You can see the rest of the original pics here

[url="http://www.guitarsjapan.com/2008_Moon_JB-5-294DM_Jazz_Bass.html"]http://www.guitarsjapan.com/2008_Moon_JB-5..._Jazz_Bass.html[/url]

Edited by elsharko

There is a pair of SH Moons in GAK at the moment - one is a white JBass reputedly used by Larry at some point. Has a tweaked EQ in it to his tastes apparently.

Had a good bash on it and holy mother of god that is one hell of a slapper :wacko::blink :

Going for just over 1K for each (didnt play the other one)

Just in case any of you are interested like....

• 3 weeks later...

Well here she is. Truely a wonderful bass, although pretty pricey. I had to set it up myself, the strings came flat on the neck and the bridge was just flat to the board but Ive got it playing beautifully and the neck feels great.
The pickups are DiMarzio, which is odd for Moon I think but they sound pretty beefy. The front controls actually are 2 seperate volume knobs for each pickup and then 3-EQ.
The pics are crappy cameraphone pics but you can see that I have decided to remove the scratchplate (and keep the screws) just for freakyness. What do you reckon?

not feelin the love for my wonderful screws and no scratchplate idea :)
I thought I was igniting a craze unsurpassed in bass trampering history but clearly its not appreciated in its own time.

I'll stare at it another couple of hours and decide...

Gorgeous bass, and I'm not usually one for Jazzes either-just one thing...

[b]PUT THE BLOODY SCRATCH PLATE BACK ON!!!!!!!![/b] -please.

Seriously, very bad idea. I reckon if a Jazz has a control plate like that it needs a scratchplate-it looks daft sat there on its own without one. IMHO. If you don't like the white one, change it by all means, but don't leave it like that. With the greatest of respect, knickers to Jaco Pastorius. :)

Edited by Deep Thought

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='elsharko' post='423710' date='Mar 2 2009, 09:34 PM']not feelin the love for my wonderful screws and no scratchplate idea :)
I thought I was igniting a craze unsurpassed in bass trampering history but clearly its not appreciated in its own time.

I'll stare at it another couple of hours and decide...[/quote]

I love a scratchplate-less Jazz, but those screws just look wrong. Sorry! Absolutely beautiful bass, though!

Edited by SisterAbdullahX