Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Jazz

JohnnyLightyear

Hi guys,

I picked up this beautiful bass in a trade for my Spector with Molan recently, and despite it being gorgeous in every way and serving me very well on a recent tour of Cape Town I think I'm more of a 5 string man so I'm going to have to reluctantly move this on.

I hope Barrie will forgive me, and won't mind me using his photos- the original thread can be seen [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24783&hl=sadowsky&st=0"]here[/url]

[attachment=20086:DSC07312.jpg]

[attachment=20087:DSC07302.jpg]

[attachment=20088:P1000554.JPG]

[attachment=20089:P1000558.JPG]

The bass is quality through and through and in excellent condition. Please note it is an NYC, not a metro, which means its been handmade in the Big Apple by the man himself, or at least someone who calls him by his first name. Its also very light and has a D tuner to boot. I don't have the original case but I can provide the gig bag in which it came to me in. Pick up preferred but shipping with a hardcase is a possibility.

I'm looking for £[s]1600[/s] £1550 outright as that was the value agreed in the trade deal in which it came to me. Alternatively, I'm looking to pick up a quality jazz 5. I have my eye on something at the moment, but please let me know if anyone would be interested in a trade or part exchange of some kind. I'm based in Stepney Green, e. London, viewing is always welcome or PM me if you want any more info.

Thanks,

Johnny

Edited by JohnnyLightyear

This fantastic bass deserves to be in the hands of someone who will use it as their main stage Bass

That's what Sadowsky's are for

I'm tempted..... but currently without a gig so looking for a "Toy Bass" rather than a solid gigger !

ATB

Mark

[quote name='Marcus' post='406426' date='Feb 11 2009, 03:16 PM']This fantastic bass deserves to be in the hands of someone who will use it as their main stage Bass

That's what Sadowsky's are for

I'm tempted..... but currently without a gig so looking for a "Toy Bass" rather than a solid gigger !

ATB

Mark[/quote]

I Totally agree with you Mark!!

This bass looks awesome and after hearing my NYC through a Huge, HUGE P.A system lately (the Cockpit, Leeds) i cant understand why someone isn't holding onto it forever!!

I wish it could be mine!!

;)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='409247' date='Feb 14 2009, 09:08 AM']I played this bass while Barrie had it. It's got that "jazz sound you always dreamed of" quality to it. An excellent instrument.

Rich.[/quote]

Thanks Rich, it certainly is a beauty. In fact, I gigged with it last night and am very tempted to keep it, but I think I miss having the low B- I can feel myself negotiating my lines slightly differently than I would if it was a 5, so its still available at the moment.

All PM's now replied to, sorry for the delay!

Thanks for the continuing interest guys, I've been offered some cracking basses so far. I should clarify that one of the reasons this is up for sale is that I am hoping to generate a bit of cash here, either through an ought right sale or through a part exchange. I don't have an exact amount in mind, but I would prefer something like a lakland skyline 5 or nice fender perhaps plus cash, rather than a straight up trade for another top end bass.

So, still available, let me know what you've got!

Cheers,

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='445823' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:24 AM']Price drop to £1550 just to see what happens. If its still here in a while I think I'll keep it for this seasons gigs and to hell with 5 strings! Its too nice a bass to be hawking round for less than its worth- the sheer indignity of it! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I couldn't agree more mate!

im stunned that this gorgeous bass hasn't sold at that price!

:)

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='447066' date='Mar 27 2009, 12:54 PM']Actually, thats his normal, relaxed face! Oh, keyboard players, the butt of so, so many jokes... :rolleyes:[/quote]

For example, what do you call a beautiful lady on a keyboard player's arm?

- A tattoo. ;)

(... :) Mildly amusing type bump at the expense of keyboard players everywhere :D )

Edited by JohnnyLightyear