Why become a member? ×

Zoot custom trade or sell *NOW SOLD*

LordAvon

All,

This is hard for me to do as I *REALLY* love this bass, but it's killing my shoulder.
This bass sounds monsterous, and has *SUCH* a deep tone it's just not true. This is probably down to the fact that bass weighes a *TONNE*.

I'm looking for [b]£500[/b]. ([b]**Price Changed 10/11/07**[/b])

Shipping will be around £65 (like I say, it weighes a LOT) and I'll throw in the hard case aswell.

Its got a swamp ash body (I beleive, Mike Walsh can tell you more), black hardware, custom Iceni heartland pickups and active EQ.

Mike made me a new neck, fitted and set it up in july last year... to play this bass is too love it, but ou'll need shoulders like atlas. Mike knows most of the history of this guitar and remembers selling it originally about 7 years ago.

Like I say, I hate to see it go, but 'm not getting any younger.

Edited by LordAvon

A Bargin maybe, but fair, I paid £550 for this about 2 years back, had a new neck fitted a year ago (around £250) so £650 seems fair, but if anyone wants to pay more, I shan't argue :-)

You're welcome to try before you buy or collect, but I live in Hereford which is a million miles from civilisation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Paul,

Can I ask whether the pickups are single coil or humbuckers please? And could you tell me a bit more about exactly what the control layout is too?

Many thanks,

Mark

[quote name='LordAvon' post='86426' date='Nov 10 2007, 11:32 AM']All,

Price Lowered to £500, I'd prefer collection (Hereford) but I can deliver within a reasonable distance as long as you don't mind contributing towards petrol costs.

Paul Maddox[/quote]

[quote name='LordAvon' post='45464' date='Aug 14 2007, 09:10 PM']All,

This is hard for me to do as I *REALLY* love this bass, but it's killing my shoulder.
This bass sounds monsterous, and has *SUCH* a deep tone it's just not true. This is probably down to the fact that bass weighes a *TONNE*.

I'm looking for [b]£500[/b]. ([b]**Price Changed 10/11/07**[/b])

Shipping will be around £65 (like I say, it weighes a LOT) and I'll throw in the hard case aswell.

Its got a swamp ash body (I beleive, Mike Walsh can tell you more), black hardware, custom Iceni heartland pickups and active EQ.

Mike made me a new neck, fitted and set it up in july last year... to play this bass is too love it, but ou'll need shoulders like atlas. Mike knows most of the history of this guitar and remembers selling it originally about 7 years ago.

Like I say, I hate to see it go, but 'm not getting any younger.[/quote]

you could get Mike to make you a lighter body?

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='86570' date='Nov 10 2007, 06:18 PM']Can I ask whether the pickups are single coil or humbuckers please? And could you tell me a bit more about exactly what the control layout is too?[/quote]

Mark,

They're humbuckers.

It has active electronics, Bass, middle, trebble, plus a balance for pickups and a volume control.
One switch turns off the active electronics, the other does nothing (it did switch on/off the LEDs in the old mangled neck).

Paul

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='86580' date='Nov 10 2007, 06:46 PM']you could get Mike to make you a lighter body?[/quote]

hehe, I may aswell buy a new bass :-)

Anyway, for someone with adequate shoulders it's worth every ounze of the weight.

If you want to come to my place and try it, you're welcome to.

Paul

I've got a fretless one and this aint a deal, it's not a steal it's the sale of the f*cking century :)

Seriously Paul, I'm suprised you think it's heavy as mine isn't, and that's with 2 9V batteries :huh:

Great basses and this is a giveaway, have another bump on me.

Peter

hi,

I had a conversation with Mike about this bass. He remembers getting a VERY VERY heavy peice of wood in, and thinking he'd never be able to sell it because of the weight. A few months later a guy came in wanting the heaviest bass he had. Mike showed him the stock ones and he wasn't happy.
So Mike showed him this lump of wood, the guy was happy. Mike built this bass and when I sent it to him for the new neck his work buddy apparantly speant a couple of hours playing it and asked "why don't we build them like this anymore?".

In short, It's heavy, but it sounds superb.

Anyway, if it's not gone by xmas, I'll have to send it down to that bass place down in london, something I'm really not keen to do as, whilst it's here I can still play it occasionally.

You're welcome to come and try it at my place, or if you live within a reasonable distance of Malvern/Hereford I'll visit you.

Edited by LordAvon

• 3 weeks later...