Why become a member? ×

Hohner B2A Wiring

Sean

I was swapping out the battery from my B2A last night and teh positive (red) battery connect was suddenly just floating freely in there. I can't see any obvious places where it's come away and lft solder scars. Anyone know?

Can't locate a specific wiring diagram anywhere.

What kind of pickups does it have ? Are they EMGs at all ?

And is there a little preamp circuit board inside ? The chances are the red wire will go to the preamp circuit board.

Can you post any photos of the components inside the control cavity and maybe it'll turn out to be a standard preamp (rather than a Hohner specific one) so that maybe someone can suggest how it's wired ?

[quote name='Sean' post='441009' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:08 PM']I was swapping out the battery from my B2A last night and teh positive (red) battery connect was suddenly just floating freely in there. I can't see any obvious places where it's come away and lft solder scars. Anyone know?[/quote]

I'll have a look at mine when I get home...PM me to remind me if you don't hear from me.

[quote name='BOD2' post='443189' date='Mar 23 2009, 10:06 PM']Thanks for posting that.

So do you have it fixed now ?[/quote]

Yes, all sorted now. Lots of peopel have searched for these diagrams over the years it seems so hopefully they'll come in useful.

:)

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Rasta' post='578189' date='Aug 23 2009, 01:57 PM']Thank you so much for contributions to this post, I've just managed to fix a B-bass which had wires hanging off the active bit! bloody burned the tips of my fingers soldering though :)[/quote]

Glad to be of help :rolleyes:

I was soldering when I did this post and I'm soldering again today, nothing tricky though, just some patch leads.

You'll forget about your hands when you hear the results of your efforts :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi all - related post to this but some of you might be able to help me! I have an 80s B2A which has always given stalwart service over the years however I found out recently the OP volume had dropped dramatically. New battery, no loose connections that I can see, active indicator working and there is a noticeable different between the 'pre-amped' setting and the passive setting so I an only assume that the pre-amp is working - oh and yes I have already thought about the volume attenuator on the back!

I'm OK for gigs as I have a couple of Ibanez to choose from also, although this has been my main weapon of choice forever and it feels right on stage - well for me anyway!!! The first time I noticed it was the other week when I noticed that he master volume on my amp had to be way up from normal and my initial thought was the amp had developed a fault. I checked a spare amp to find the same problem and when I a/b'b the Hohner against one of the Ibanez the I fond that the Ibby was working perfectly happily but only needing about 50% of the amp's master volume!

I can only assume there may be a capacitor or something in the B2A's circuitry has gone south for the season any I'm out of my comfort zone with either of the Ibanez's although I have to admit the SR is an absolute melter to play! Does anyone have any (sensible) suggestions or experienced identical problems?

Tah