Why become a member? ×

John Deacon spotting.

NancyJohnson

[quote name='Delberthot' post='488337' date='May 14 2009, 10:58 PM']Have to admit that he's my all time favourite bass player. I'd absolutely love to meet him and chat to him and buy the red precision that he used on the 'One vision' video.

Queen and Paul Rogers? There aint no Queen without the Deacy[/quote]

Ill second that.

I would pay good money just to say Brian, Roger and John do a concert together.

Deaky!!

I was looking at the 'isolated bass tracks' thread earlier.. - Anyone know if there are any Deacon bass lines floating around out there? I once heard large sections of Boh' Rap' in a studio broken down, that was pretty amazing, but I never had the chance to crank up the bass on its own.

[quote name='deaky' post='488344' date='May 14 2009, 11:01 PM']Ill second that.

I would pay good money just to say Brian, Roger and John do a concert together.

Deaky!![/quote]

You mean just to see a concert, othrwise you have just paid good money for nowt for saying such a thing

I know what you mean though. That would be the ultimate gig for me. You can forget Pink Floyd 1994 and the Eagles a couple of years ago. You could even stick the Chilis up your arse if I could only see John Deacon play again

Wait - you are John Deacon

Edited by Delberthot

I dunno but John learned the double bass overnight when they were recording Night at the Opera so that he could play 39

Apparently he went off one night saying that the song would sound best with a double and came back to De Lane Lea (sp?) with a double bass

[quote name='Delberthot' post='488337' date='May 14 2009, 10:58 PM']Queen and Paul Rogers? There aint no Queen without the Deacy[/quote]
[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8049927.stm"]There ain't no Queen & Paul Rogers any more... [/url] thank God fer that.

As for isolated tracks.. Killer Queen is out there somewhere - two seperate tracks, one mic and one DI. Very high quality, and sound great.

I can't find 'em right now though... dammit.

[quote name='Toddy' post='488325' date='May 14 2009, 10:50 PM']Nice call,,,

Er didnt get it from me ,,,,

But drinks in my old singists pub,,, the {removed by Dood in reference to posts} ....SSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhh!!!!![/quote]

Just for clarification,,,,,, Mr Deacon ,,, lol not opener of thread...bless ya all...

Guest MoJo

[quote name='dood' post='488349' date='May 14 2009, 11:06 PM']I was looking at the 'isolated bass tracks' thread earlier.. - Anyone know if there are any Deacon bass lines floating around out there? I once heard large sections of Boh' Rap' in a studio broken down, that was pretty amazing, but I never had the chance to crank up the bass on its own.[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='488361' date='May 14 2009, 11:18 PM']As for isolated tracks.. Killer Queen is out there somewhere - two seperate tracks, one mic and one DI. Very high quality, and sound great.

I can't find 'em right now though... dammit.[/quote]

I have both.....you ain't seen me, right?

Guest MoJo

[quote name='beerdragon' post='488397' date='May 15 2009, 12:13 AM']any chance of posting them ?[/quote]

PM me if you're interested

[quote name='Delberthot' post='488337' date='May 14 2009, 10:58 PM']Have to admit that he's my all time favourite bass player. I'd absolutely love to meet him and chat to him and buy the red precision that he used on the 'One vision' video.

Queen and Paul Rogers? There aint no Queen without the Deacy[/quote]
Tell me about it..
I was gagging to see him make an appearance whilst spending 3 months working on the tour last year..

Who else can be as rock 'n roll as JD, playing in front of 80,000 people in the '86 Wembley concert video whilst wearing such short, short denim shorts!

R'n'R!

Ahhh, love this song! Deacon on a Wal!

[edit] ok.. so that should have embedded this video! I suck!! [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8CefyvKcFY&fmt=18"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8CefyvKcFY&fmt=18[/url]