Why become a member? ×

F/S Alembic Orion 5

Urban Bassman

Hard decision this but due to the music I'm currently playing, I'm not playing this beauty very much these days. It is therefore time to move this lovely instrument on to someone who'll give it the attention it deserves. Please note that I am selling this bass, so no requests for exchanges please. Made in 2006 and bought new this is a wonderful bass, a lovely player and great range of sounds.

Here's the spec
[list]
[*]34" Scale Maple and Walnut laminated set neck with an Ebony board
[*]Mahogany body with a Birds Eye Maple cap - the photos do not do it justice.
[*]Will be supplied with a hard case.
[/list]
There is a small ding on bottom of the body of the bass, see photo, but it is small and the only mark on it. I would prefer collection to avoid any possibility of damage whilst in transit. However I will ship the bass within the UK only, if you really want me to.

Don't think I need to go on and on about this bass - you all know how Alembic build world class basses and now it's your chance to own one!

There you are a great bass, please get in touch with a reasonable/sensible offer and I'll get back to you.

EDIT - Realised that the asking price was too low. Paid £1800 for this beaut, so the new price is more reasonable. Sorry if it's put a few of you off, but don't want to give this one away.

EDIT 2 - Had a question about string spacing, so here it is (as near as I can tell) for everyone else.

17mm at the Bridge
10mm at the nut

Just shout if you want to know anything else about this great bass.

Enjoy the pics!

[attachment=26017:Alembic2.jpg]
[attachment=26018:Alembic1.jpg]
[attachment=26019:Alembic3.jpg]
[attachment=26020:Alembic4.jpg]
[attachment=26021:Alembic5.jpg]
[attachment=26022:Alembic6.jpg]
[attachment=26023:Alembic8.jpg]
[attachment=26024:Alembic7.jpg]

Edited by urban Bassman

I've got to give you a bump, as a fellow Alembic player, these are one of the worlds most finely made instruments.
Good luck with the sale
Jake

Ps if it was fretless and I had money, I'd be knocking on your door... sadly, neither is true.

Edited by jakesbass

Thanks, it is a lovely instrument.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='498785' date='May 27 2009, 02:28 PM']I've got to give you a bump, as a fellow Alembic player, these are one of the worlds most finely made instruments.
Good luck with the sale
Jake

Ps if it was fretless and I had money, I'd be knocking on your door... sadly, neither is true.[/quote]