Why become a member? ×

FINISHED - ACG Ebony/Wenge/Flame Sycamore build

deksawyer

Ah, I get ya.
Nice one dude :)
Anymore details or are you going to tease us all for the foreseeable?... :lol:

Eude

[quote name='deksawyer' post='528995' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:24 PM']Well, you should be able to recognise that red carpet (although it looks cleaner than I think it normally looks!). :rolleyes:

D.[/quote]

It'll be very similar in spec to the 'Lazarus' bass but with a Recurve Type S body shape. And a lefty as well!

[list]
[*][b]Mac Ebony top with Sycamore/Wenge/Sycamore/Wenge body.
[*]7 piece Mac Ebony/Flame Sycamore neck. Mac Ebony bound flame Sycamore acrylic finger board.
[*]FB pickups.
[*]ACG EQ01 pre-amp 18v.
[*]Coil switches and low battery indicator.
[*]Undecided on the finish - oil or satin laquer.
[/b]
[/list]

D.

Edited by deksawyer

[quote name='deksawyer' post='529005' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:33 PM']It'll be very similar in spec to the 'Lazarus' bass but with a Recurve Type S body shape. And a lefty as well!

D.[/quote]

Nice one dude, I love that bass! :)

Eude

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='529070' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:54 PM']Good choice of builder :)[/quote]

I actually ordered it months ago but Alan's had a bit of trouble getting hold of some good Mac Ebony. I've kind of put it at the back of my mind now....

D.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Latest update - Some progress on the neck. Binding done and board glued to the neck. Headstock shaped and tuners sorted out.
Next radius the board fret and side dots then into the body.

I hope the next update is less than 5 months from now like this one was, as it's tough waiting and seeing other peoples builds progress. I try to keep it at the back of my mind but it's going to be so good.......

D.

Edited by deksawyer

[quote name='deksawyer' post='793732' date='Apr 1 2010, 09:13 PM']Latest update - Some progress on the neck. Binding done and board glued to the neck. Headstock shaped and tuners sorted out.
Next radius the board fret and side dots then into the body.

I hope the next update is less than 5 months from now like this one was, as it's tough waiting and seeing other peoples builds progress. I try to keep it at the back of my mind but it's going to be so good.......

D.[/quote]

That fretboard with the binding looks fantastic .I'm sure you'll find it worth the wait - mine seemed to take a huge leap forward from this stage :)

• 3 weeks later...