Why become a member? ×

Left Handed ***FENDER*** 1980's Jazz Bass SOLD

Joshbasscana

Hey guys,

Here I have my beloved left handed Tokai Jazz Bass. At some point between the 80's and now it's had it's neck replaced with what seems to be a Fender Jazz Bass neck. I am a right handed player so I have the bass strung the other way, but obviously that can be easily redeemed. When I got this, it had no knobs and botched jobs done on the electrics. I've recently had this looked at and fixed so everything is working perfectly :)

It's got awesome tone and sad to put it up for sale. Not really sure what to sell this for really - so I'm up for offer's :rolleyes: Cash and possible swaps.

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION****

I have managed to track down the original owner of this bass. He has confirmed to me that this bass is indeed a Fender, not a Tokai. I seemed to have mixed my facts up as he also owns a Tokai and I presumed this was the Tokai. I was wrong - this is a Fender Jazz MIJ from between 1984-1987. Apologies for this error!

[attachment=29654:CIMG2415.JPG][attachment=29655:CIMG2416.JPG][attachment=29658:CIMG2417.JPG]
[attachment=29660:CIMG2418.JPG][attachment=29666:CIMG2419.JPG]

Edited by Joshbasscana

[quote name='Joshbasscana' post='548861' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:07 PM']Hey guys,

Here I have my beloved left handed Tokai Jazz Bass. At some point between the 80's and now it's had it's neck replaced with what seems to be a Fender Jazz Bass neck. I am a right handed player so I have the bass strung the other way, but obviously that can be easily redeemed. When I got this, it had no knobs and botched jobs done on the electrics. I've recently had this looked at and fixed so everything is working perfectly :)

It's got awesome tone and sad to put it up for sale. Not really sure what to sell this for really - so I'm up for offer's :rolleyes: Cash and possible swaps.
Thanks,

Josh[/quote]
I had a 1984 CAR Tokai Jazzsound and that was a superb bass, certainly as good as any Fender I'd had and in fact, I preferred it to a 1966 jazz that I once had..

Traded it with Beedster 2 years ago and no idea where it is these days, but these vintage Tokais are well worth looking out for. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='josh3184' post='553041' date='Jul 27 2009, 06:57 PM']got a price in mind?[/quote]

To be honest - I'm not sure what price to value this at and I'm guessing fellow Bass chatter's would have a better idea - that's why I've left this kind of open for offer's really.

so whats the opinion on MIJ jazz basses from this era? it seems like a really good price, though i really shouldn't be considering buying it, but it seems like a really good price. ahhhhh, lovely colour combo too, my personal favourite for a jazz. mmmmm tempted, i'm usually happy about being lefty to avoid GAS, but then it's so much worse when something does come up.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='harryharold' post='554157' date='Jul 28 2009, 04:49 PM']so whats the opinion on MIJ jazz basses from this era? it seems like a really good price, though i really shouldn't be considering buying it, but it seems like a really good price. ahhhhh, lovely colour combo too, my personal favourite for a jazz. mmmmm tempted, i'm usually happy about being lefty to avoid GAS, but then it's so much worse when something does come up.[/quote]

This is still up for grabs! £250 inc postage

• 2 weeks later...

If this is really selling for 250, someone's having a killer deal here. E-series era MIJ Fenders are great instruments. They were the first all-Japanese-made series after the JV (which had USA-made hardware and electronics) and the SQ-series (which also had some USA-made parts). I have a Strat from that era and wouldn't even THINK about selling it. Great instrument, it feels like coming home every time I play it.

• 3 months later...