Why become a member? ×

Alembic series 1 1978

Duncsbass

Not Quite - i think Alembic were the first to use graphite stiffening in their series one necks.

perhaps not this one tho' but as early as 77 they had a full graphite neck 'experimental' model couresy of what was to become the Modulus company

BB

Edited by BarnacleBob

Doubt if there are any rods in that one...didn't they go for the full graphite neck? Someone here owns one, I'm sure...

Anyway - lovely bass, and I'd love to buy it - but far too expensive for me, so I'll have to make do with my humble Epic.

Good luck with the sale

[quote name='BassBod' post='565052' date='Aug 10 2009, 02:57 PM']Doubt if there are any rods in that one...didn't they go for the full graphite neck? Someone here owns one, I'm sure...

Anyway - lovely bass, and I'd love to buy it - but far too expensive for me, so I'll have to make do with my humble Epic.

Good luck with the sale[/quote]

MB1. :)
Was it not Mr Entwistle That had a lot to do with the Early Alembic Graphite necks ?

[quote name='v8bass' post='565084' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:34 PM']A thing of such beauty

I so wish i hadnt opened this to have a look .. :)

Hope that finds a good home preferably close to me so i can take it for lunch one day

Gary
v8[/quote]
IKnow what you mean If I had the money it would not be on here I would have it myself even though I am not a bass player
I am just helping out a dear friend, it is a thing of beauty

[quote name='MB1' post='565064' date='Aug 10 2009, 03:09 PM']MB1. :)
Was it not Mr Entwistle That had a lot to do with the Early Alembic Graphite necks ?[/quote]

[url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/info:tech:use_of_composites_graphite_necks_in_bass_guitar_design"]http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/info:tech:use_o...s_guitar_design[/url]

Entwhistle was one of a number of players who had them including Greg Lake, John McVie and Stanley Clarke.

Nice bass BTW Dunc, hope you get a quick sale.

Not quite my cup of tea playing wise as I've found out down the years... and way too expensive for me ...BUT... [b]always coveted one[/b], always seemed to me to be 'the ultimate bass' .... sad fat bloke dreams on. :) thinks; where's that lottery ticket.....
Good luck for a gorgeous instrument.

Thanks for the article intresting and also a good excuse for a bump!
[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='565604' date='Aug 11 2009, 01:36 AM'][url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/info:tech:use_of_composites_graphite_necks_in_bass_guitar_design"]http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/info:tech:use_o...s_guitar_design[/url]

Entwhistle was one of a number of players who had them including Greg Lake, John McVie and Stanley Clarke.

Nice bass BTW Dunc, hope you get a quick sale.[/quote]

I would buy it immediately if I weren't for the space between the pick-up and the neck which I found to be too small. I used to have an Alembic and I had to think before I plucked since the slap 'n pluck space wasn't where it was supposed to be for me. But otherwise this is a killer price for a beautiful bass...

[quote name='Duncsbass' post='564740' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:21 PM']Hi guys
On behalf of a friend we have for sale a 1978 Alembic series 1bass its in great cond considering it had 10 years of playing 6 nights a week in a pro band backing caberet etc. things to know the selector switch has been moved as it was in the way when slapping (some funny thing from the eighties) small hole at base of neck where the previous owner moved the strap button frets are good and plays a dream bridge pick up is worn where used as a thumb rest general finish is good but scrached from use it has the power supply and orig case and all the certificates that came with it listing the people who built it etc. Its a 1978 my friend has owned it since early/mid eighties.
He is looking for sensible offers and may take a 5 string Wawick Corvette (not rockbass) in part exchange
The new model of this is $13500 about £8500
Has been valued in excess of £4000 but he will take less (mad fool) so make an offer.
[attachment=30604:DSCF0659.JPG]
[attachment=30605:DSCF0660.JPG]
[attachment=30606:DSCF0661.JPG]
[attachment=30607:DSCF0662.JPG][/quote]
I love it.

Hi and thanks to All that are showing an interest in my friends bass I dont seem to be able to send more than one PM a day so a general reply to all Ihope

Location Milton Keynes

Price £2000 I think there should be no offers this is a bargain: £9000 new with case and power supply thats at US price may be more with import duty VAT etc

Re switch position poss could be moved back but would leave a hole in its current position

Only poss fault is one pickup not working when used with batteries but FINE with power supply so may just be small wiring fault it may well be sorted before sale agreed.
Frets and neck feel great to me very easy to play although not a bass expert its much the same as a guitar

Sorry as a guitarist I am new on Bass Chat and am quite busy with my band so bare with me as I said I am helping out a friend (Duncan)
please feel free to call me on 07751 346299 if you need more info I will try to help.
Peter.