Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Squier 'Classic Vibe' Jazz - Upgraded - Hard Case Option

Moos3h

Hi all,

As mentioned before, it's now time to sell my Classic Vibe Jazz as have just bought myself an Ibanez ATK.

CONDITION:
Overall condition is good, however it has been played and gigged, so don't expect it to be mint. Scratches to scratchplate from playing with pick (I use a brass one!), nick on top of headstock from the usual 'whoops' moment with a wall in a small pub and probably other little dents/dinks here and there. There is also a small amount of paint missing at the neck pocket (as show in photos) but this was like this when I bought the guitar and probably just a factor of the neck pocket being VERY tight (tighter than the Fender Jazz I had recently).

UPGRADED, YOU SAY?:
Yep - the original pickups, whilst pretty good, didn't have quite enough oomph for me, so a set of GFS JB Pro Jazz Bass pickups were ordered, imported, installed and enjoyed! These are seriously nice pickups and the tone is fat, punchy but with the proper 'honk' you get from a GOOD jazz. Tasty.

HARD CASE, YOU SAY?
Yup, available for £35 on top of the cost if you require (would be a good if having it delivered). Brand new and on its way to me tomorrow.

SO, HOW MUCH - I WANT IT!
I am looking for £185 + postage for this, which I feel is a good price given that the pickups have been upgraded yet does reflect that this is a played, used, loved model rather than boxfresh.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK:
gafbass - I bought the bass from him and have LOVED it, but the guy does a beautiful setup, polished the frets and the electronics have been shielded - DAMN, it's quiet.

WOULD YOU POST? I'M NOT LUCKY ENOUGH TO LIVE IN BRITAIN'S No.4 CHAV TOWN
Sure, I can post. It's likely cost about £15 with standard insurance, £20 if you'd rather it was insured to the purchase price. I'm not really prepared to post this unless you purchase the hard case too, however if you really really wanted it sent then I could take the neck off and send that way - it's just not that safe to try and post a guitar with the neck intact without a hard case.

SHUT UP AND SHOW ME SOME PICS!
Okay! Just taking some now, be patient.....

Edited by Moos3h

Sorry, had a couple of PM's asking where I'm based. The bass can be collected from St Albans or Stevenage but this weekend I will be going up to Worcestershire and back so could possibly do a meetup along the way if of interest!

Cheers,
James

Morning all, sorry have not been well so have just got to this.

I'm happy for the moderators to make a ruling here, but as jxl contacted with questions waiting to be answered, but bentdice is happy as is and posted to say so, then I'm not really sure who to sell to!

Technically, jxl was first?

Can anyone advise? Don't want to upset anyone!

Cheers,
James

Edited by Moos3h

[quote name='Moos3h' post='614536' date='Oct 2 2009, 09:30 AM']Morning all, sorry have not been well so have just got to this.

I'm happy for the moderators to make a ruling here, but as jxl contacted with questions waiting to be answered, but bentdice is happy as is and posted to say so, then I'm not really sure who to sell to!

Technically, jxl was first?

Can anyone advise? Don't want to upset anyone!

Cheers,
James[/quote]

Don't think anyone needs to get upset. It's a bit of a tricky one, but to keep things sweet I'm happy to stand aside & for you to sell it to jxl.

If anyone knows of another one going (or for that matter a 4 string Status Groove Bass - been looking for one of those for ages!) then drop me a PM...

Cheers,

B.

• 3 weeks later...