Why become a member? ×

heya hola

queenofthedepths

I'm Anna - I've been playing bass for just under 3 years now; I'd describe myself as above average in proficiency, with a slight problem when it comes to modesty...

I play a 7-string Galveston (low F#, but usually tuned down a step and a half, so that's 6 and a half steps below standard tuning :huh: ) as well as a 4-string Traben Chaos, 5-string Crafter acoustic, 6-string ESP LTD and a few other basses, including an 8-string Acepro I just bought which is surprisingly lovely
My amp's a Laney HCM160B - I've had it for a while now and I'm constantly looking for a replacement, but to be honest it does exactly what I need and if I bought anything bigger I'd have nowhere to put it and no way to move it :) As for pedals, I use a Crybaby wah, Boss overdrive and a Boss multi-effects which does everything else :huh:

I've just moved to Bristol and have yet to meet any potential band members - I'm absolutely desperate for a band, really! Playing pretty much anything - ideally metal, though...
I play a bit of anything that keeps the fingers moving - doesn't have to be hard; doesn't have to be easy either; sometimes I'll just sit for a while, jamming along to whatever's playing on my laptop

And hello to everyone!

Edited by queenofthedepths

[quote name='grosa' post='75381' date='Oct 17 2007, 12:40 AM']alright mate,i well want a 7 stringer,much fun![/quote]

Yeah, it's my favourite by far - all the freedom of a high C (it's got 26 frets as well, although I've never found a sensible use for the top two...) with the ridiculously low F# - I like to jam with 7-string guitarists, so I've still got a perfect fourth below them... that's the only use I get out of it; other than creating bowel-trembling rumbles, that is :)

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='75547' date='Oct 17 2007, 01:11 PM']other than creating bowel-trembling rumbles[/quote]

id quite like to try one through the 2 eminence 12" subs i have,not just on thier own like,but i bet it would shift some air!
was looking at one of these a bit ago,dunno if anyones come across one before?
[b][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TRANS-BLACK-SWAMP-ASH-8-STRING-EXTENDED-RANGE-BASS_W0QQitemZ220160585611QQihZ012QQcategoryZ4713QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem"]big fat bass[/url][/b]

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='75320' date='Oct 16 2007, 11:08 PM']I've just moved to Bristol and have yet to meet any potential band members - I'm absolutely desperate for a band, really![/quote]

Rog'er you miught like to read [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=336&view=findpost&p=2287"]This thread on finding bands in Bristol[/url]

[quote name='OldGit' post='76324' date='Oct 19 2007, 08:21 AM']Rog'er you miught like to read [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=336&view=findpost&p=2287"]This thread on finding bands in Bristol[/url][/quote]

Thanks for pointing it out :) That was actually one of the first threads I noticed when I joined up - I'm working my way through contacting people one by one before I post an ad myself on the basis that if I ignore the ads that are already up, people will probably ignore mine too...

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='76329' date='Oct 19 2007, 08:35 AM']Thanks for pointing it out :) That was actually one of the first threads I noticed when I joined up - I'm working my way through contacting people one by one before I post an ad myself on the basis that if I ignore the ads that are already up, people will probably ignore mine too...[/quote]

Cool ..