Why become a member? ×

FS - Sandberg California PM4

giblett123

Hi Everyone,

here we have a mint condition Sandberg California PM4 in "surf green" with a Mint pick guard. The body is a P style (feels slightly undersized) cut from alder & the neck is Maple with a rosewood fretboard (slimmer than a standard P, feels much nearer to a jazz). Electronics are: 1 x Delano P-Style 1 x Delano Powerhumbucker, Sandberg 2 Band EQ with passive Tone control, Activ-Passive switchable. Hardware is all chrome Sandberg. Sound wise this bass is really fat/punchy & very versatile, as you would expect it nails the classic P bass sound really well but also produces a great MM/slap type sound. These basses are really well built & condition wise it is as new, there are no marks on it. Further info on the model can be found at:
[url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/"]http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/[/url]

I'm looking for £749 (inc gig bag) ono & can ship.

Cheers for looking.

[b]PRICE DROP: £725[/b]

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='694794' date='Dec 28 2009, 12:28 PM']If this was Black (or even better, Blackburst) i would have this off you.

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Cheers mate, the colour is an acquired taste but its bound to get whoever buys it noticed! :) the pics don't really do it justice but these are really nice basses.

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='Platypus' post='694831' date='Dec 28 2009, 01:17 PM']Lovin that colour combination myself, surf green with rosewood board. Just bougbt a bass last week, otherwise I'd be very interested. Good luck with the sale[/quote]

Cheers mate, the board on this is really nice which doesn't come out in the pics, nice bit of grain etc.

You know, i could live with the Green but the one thing ive never liked about Sandbergs is the lack of dots on the fretboard.
Call me old fashioned but i like them there. Even better, blocks but ive only seen a few Sandbergs with those. I think they add about £150 to the price so i can understand why not a lot of people go for them.

Im looking to sell or trade my DJ5 as soon as i can and am planing on getting a SR4 but i did consider one of these as well at one point. Best of both worlds IMHO.
Its just the fretboard i have a problem with.

Again, good luck.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='694852' date='Dec 28 2009, 02:06 PM']You know, i could live with the Green but the one thing ive never liked about Sandbergs is the lack of dots on the fretboard.
Call me old fashioned but i like them there. Even better, blocks but ive only seen a few Sandbergs with those. I think they add about £150 to the price so i can understand why not a lot of people go for them.

Im looking to sell or trade my DJ5 as soon as i can and am planing on getting a SR4 but i did consider one of these as well at one point. Best of both worlds IMHO.
Its just the fretboard i have a problem with.

Again, good luck.[/quote]

Yeah, the block inlays are a bit expensive but I can live without those, this does have side dots otherwise I would be shafted! thought about trying a Sadowsky? they are v expensive but v v nice!

[quote name='giblett123' post='694892' date='Dec 28 2009, 03:43 PM']Yeah, the block inlays are a bit expensive but I can live without those, this does have side dots otherwise I would be shafted! thought about trying a Sadowsky? they are v expensive but v v nice![/quote]

I could live without the dots but just like the look of a fretboard with them.

I would love a Sadowsky but this time im going for a completely new tone, trying to get away from the basic P and Jazz tones.
Thats why i looked in to a Sandberg a while ago. Still got the P tone in case it all goes tits up but also a MM tone to help ease me away from the old school.

I played (and almost brought) a Sandberg PM5 in Blackburst a few years ago. Fantastic bass, both in looks and tone but i ended up going for a Lakland 55-01, based on its nicer neck more than anything else.

Im not saying never but i would need to get past the neck thing first.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='694904' date='Dec 28 2009, 04:03 PM']I could live without the dots but just like the look of a fretboard with them.

I would love a Sadowsky but this time im going for a completely new tone, trying to get away from the basic P and Jazz tones.
Thats why i looked in to a Sandberg a while ago. Still got the P tone in case it all goes tits up but also a MM tone to help ease me away from the old school.

I played (and almost brought) a Sandberg PM5 in Blackburst a few years ago. Fantastic bass, both in looks and tone but i ended up going for a Lakland 55-01, based on its nicer neck more than anything else.

Im not saying never but i would need to get past the neck thing first.[/quote]

Have you tried a Shuker? his stuff is pretty reasonably priced & v good.

I played on of these at a show, stunning tone, nice full P tone and then you can dial in some MM for a little more "bridgeness". I'm not normally a fan of Surf/Sea Foam Green, but here it just works perfectly. Have a bump.

[quote name='ezbass' post='696386' date='Dec 30 2009, 03:12 PM']I played on of these at a show, stunning tone, nice full P tone and then you can dial in some MM for a little more "bridgeness". I'm not normally a fan of Surf/Sea Foam Green, but here it just works perfectly. Have a bump.[/quote]

Cheers mate, it really does look good in the flesh! also thanks to Rich, not tempted? I know you have a thing for the retro look!

[quote name='uzzell' post='697817' date='Jan 1 2010, 12:02 PM']Beautifull bass. I managed to sell my PM4 pretty quickly so I'm amazed this wasnt gone yet.

Have a bump.[/quote]

Cheers mate, these are really nice basses but it's almost certainly the wrong time to put it up, it's just that I've seen something I really fancy! we'll see, I may pull it if there's no takers & do it the old fashioned way save up instead!

[quote name='giblett123' post='694776' date='Dec 28 2009, 12:54 PM']Hi Everyone,

here we have a mint condition Sandberg California PM4 in "surf green" with a Mint pick guard. The body is a P style (feels slightly undersized) cut from alder & the neck is Maple with a rosewood fretboard (slimmer than a standard P, feels much nearer to a jazz). Electronics are: 1 x Delano P-Style 1 x Delano Powerhumbucker, Sandberg 2 Band EQ with passive Tone control, Activ-Passive switchable. Hardware is all chrome Sandberg. Sound wise this bass is really fat/punchy & very versatile, as you would expect it nails the classic P bass sound really well but also produces a great MM/slap type sound. These basses are really well built & condition wise it is as new, there are no marks on it. Further info on the model can be found at:
[url="http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/"]http://www.sandberg-guitars.de/[/url]

I'm looking for £749 (inc gig bag) ono & can ship.

Cheers for looking.

[b]PRICE DROP: £725[/b][/quote]

Is she still for sale?

Greetz Lothar