Why become a member? ×

Classic jazz fusion covers

Steve A

Hi all,

I've put together an edited version of some rehearsal sessions for a band I was in a couple of years ago if you'd like to have a listen to some of my playing. It's a bit of a long example but stick with it if you can be bothered!

I used a Moon jazz bass with Sadowsky onboard preamp for this band. Sadly I no longer own that bass.

The recording features my good friend and great player Andy Edwards on drums.

Hope you like it!

Steve

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='738272' date='Feb 7 2010, 06:10 PM']Great fun, Steve. Great 80s technology vibe, too!! :)[/quote]

Ha ha, thanks Bilbo! It was a lot of fun getting these tunes together.

Edited by Steve Amadeo

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='738280' date='Feb 7 2010, 06:19 PM']Superb playing. Love it! :)[/quote]

Thanks Pete! I was checking out some youtube footage of you with Nearly Dan the other day too. Very nice! Must come and check out a gig before too long.

Edited by Steve Amadeo

Hi Steve,

Fantastic playing - love your sound and the vibe. Right up my street!

Mark

[quote name='Steve Amadeo' post='735689' date='Feb 5 2010, 12:13 AM']Hi all,

I've put together an edited version of some rehearsal sessions for a band I was in a couple of years ago if you'd like to have a listen to some of my playing. It's a bit of a long example but stick with it if you can be bothered!

I used a Moon jazz bass with Sadowsky onboard preamp for this band. Sadly I no longer own that bass.

The recording features my good friend and great player Andy Edwards on drums.

Hope you like it!

Steve[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Blamelouis!

I got rid of the Moon simply to buy a Lakland US Joe Osborn that was offered to me for a fantastically low price and has more of a vintage jazz sound and look. As soon as I can afford to I'll be looking for another Moon though. Amazing basses!