Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD: SPECTOR EURO 4LX w/U-Retro + F Case

Sean

Hi All

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I'm selling my two Spector Euros. Both are fitted with John East U-Retro preamps and both come with full aluminium/ply heavy duty flight cases.

The light here today is rubbish for photography of anything let alone shiny basses so please excuse the substandard pics.

They both have Schaller strap lock buttons.

This one, as you can see, is the 4-string. It's a maple thru-neck and has Alder/Walnut/Flame Maple sandwich wings. The U-Retro on this one is a standard unit and the single knob at the top is just an unconnected pot. The U-Retro's toggles have been shrink wrapped and tucked away in the cavity: they are effectively redundant with active pickup + preamp bass. I've seen some people on talkbass put plugs into the holes but I just thought a pot and knob was a much nicer aesthetic. It has EMG P/J pickups and has a killer tone - it's more aggressive than the Euro 5 and it has a certain gurgle and bite to it. This could well be the first bass I regret selling as it's pretty special and feels nicer than any Euro 4 I've played. I've had it from new and it's been gigged only a few times and used mainly as back up to my NS5 lately. It's main use has been for playing drop-D tunings at home. The U-Retro makes it extremely versatile and it's good for any style of music. As I've said before, don't be scared of Spectors, they are like Lamborghinis and Ducatis; people who haven't got one knock them and people who have fall in love with them. String spacing is 19mm at the bridge and it's a 34" scale. The neck profile is somewhere between a classic P and Stingray sort of profile. Anyway this is one hell of a cracking instrument and I feel as though you ought to be vetted before being allowed to buy it :)

[b][s]£1000 [/s]now £900[/b] with flight case.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='738095' date='Feb 7 2010, 02:04 PM']Hi All

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I'm selling my two Spector Euros. Both are fitted with John East U-Retro preamps and both come with full aluminium/ply heavy duty flight cases.

The light here today is rubbish for photography of anything let alone shiny basses so please excuse the substandard pics.

They both have Schaller strap lock buttons.

This one, as you can see, is the 4-string. It's a maple thru-neck and has Alder/Walnut/Flame Maple sandwich wings. The U-Retro on this one is a standard unit and the single knob at the top is just an unconnected pot. The U-Retro's toggles have been shrink wrapped and tucked away in the cavity: they are effectively redundant with active pickup + preamp bass. I've seen some people on talkbass put plugs into the holes but I just thought a pot and knob was a much nicer aesthetic. It has EMG P/J pickups and has a killer tone - it's more aggressive than the Euro 5 and it has a certain gurgle and bite to it. This could well be the first bass I regret selling as it's pretty special and feels nicer than any Euro 4 I've played. I've had it from new and it's been gigged only a few times and used mainly as back up to my NS5 lately. It's main use has been for playing drop-D tunings at home. The U-Retro makes it extremely versatile and it's good for any style of music. As I've said before, don't be scared of Spectors, they are like Lamborghinis and Ducatis; people who haven't got one knock them and people who have fall in love with them. String spacing is 19mm at the bridge and it's a 34" scale. The neck profile is somewhere between a classic P and Stingray sort of profile. Anyway this is one hell of a cracking instrument and I feel as though you ought to be vetted before being allowed to buy it :lol:

[b]£1000[/b] with flight case.[/quote]

They are without a doubt the most substandard pics I've seen in a long while... :) where are they? :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='738102' date='Feb 7 2010, 02:16 PM']They are without a doubt the most substandard pics I've seen in a long while... :) where are they? :rolleyes:[/quote]

With comments like that it amazes me that some folk don't get your screen name! :lol:

I was having a senior moment. I've done a lot of copying and pasting this afternoon. Of for Chinese Fooood now.

Edited by Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...