Why become a member? ×

Alembic Epic 4.

giblett123

[quote name='budget bassist' post='817623' date='Apr 24 2010, 09:46 PM']oh lordy, what a pretty bass[/quote]Yep, its a lovely bass, a great bit of wood & sounds fantastic, just fancy a change! no sign of my 5 yet Jack, I assume he's doing a mighty fine job the amount of time it is taking!

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='823708' date='Apr 30 2010, 09:21 AM']Wasn't that from the bass gallery?? You must be taking a massive hit on the price??
Quick everyone, take advantage of his madness!![/quote]
Behave! nope, this isn't the one from the gallery, that was a walnut topped standard model, & I am taking a bit of a hit on this but something has caught my eye! not thinking of opening your famously clam like wallet are you?! :)

[quote name='molan' post='824297' date='Apr 30 2010, 06:37 PM']Do you know why this is a 'special' (other than being very nice indeed, lol).[/quote]
Fraid not, I have very little info on it other than it has a funky little brass plate telling me it is number 38 from 60, there also a 5 string special ed up at the mo (not mine), they are fantastic basses, real top draw stuff, its just I've found something else that I really like playing, ironically it is cheaper than one of these!

[quote name='giblett123' post='824305' date='Apr 30 2010, 06:45 PM']Fraid not, I have very little info on it other than it has a funky little brass plate telling me it is number 38 from 60,[/quote]

I posted on the Alembic owners forum for you - might be someone there who knows a little more for you :)

[quote name='molan' post='824413' date='Apr 30 2010, 09:52 PM']I posted on the Alembic owners forum for you - might be someone there who knows a little more for you :)[/quote]
Cheers Barry, I'll go have a look & see what I can find.

[quote name='giblett123' post='824634' date='May 1 2010, 10:18 AM']Cheers Barry, I'll go have a look & see what I can find.[/quote]Okey doke.. more info, apparently they were a run of 60 commissioned by the Guitar Centre USA to celebrate their anniversary, the differences over the standard model are: Flamed maple top, engraved brass plate truss rod cover, oval inlays, walnut & purple heart striping (whatever that means)!

[quote name='giblett123' post='824913' date='May 1 2010, 03:22 PM']Okey doke.. more info, apparently they were a run of 60 commissioned by the Guitar Centre USA to celebrate their anniversary, the differences over the standard model are: Flamed maple top, engraved brass plate truss rod cover, oval inlays, walnut & purple heart striping (whatever that means)![/quote]
Sunday PM bump.

[quote name='giblett123' post='826323' date='May 3 2010, 11:43 AM']Apparently so, there aren't that many epics knocking around so I suppose that makes it rare(ish)![/quote]
Things very slow & I have something else coming in so I've shaved £150 off the asking price taking it to £999.

[quote name='lozbass' post='828213' date='May 5 2010, 10:05 AM']This is ridiculously cheap! These are very nice, very versatile basses with the usual Alembic build-quality.[/quote]

a decent weight then hows the neck to body balance out?