Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Fender Classic 70s Jazz Bass - Now Traded

malbass

Afternoon all,

Well I've been through a few sets of pups with this bass as I wasn't so happy with the sound of the stock pups. Love the look of it and it plays great but a visit to a couple of local guitar shops has convinced me that I'm really after a Precision at the moment.

So its the Mexican Classic 70s Jazz in sunburst, with Delano JMVC4FE/M2 pick ups. The guitar is in fantastic condition, some slight play wear on the scratchplate under the strings but not very obvious at all. I've had it around 18 months and it's only been out of the house to a handful of practices, never gigged as the band split just after I got it. Never had any problems with it, currently set with a medium/low action but you'd have no problem raising/lowering as required.

I always found the stock pups to be a little weak and distorted sounding, the Delanos make a massive difference, they sounds much clearer, warmer and more defined.

It's currently got Schaller strap locks on, I can supply these with the strap attachments or can swap them back to the original fittings.

Had it on the digital scales in the kitchen and it comes out at 4.2kg exactly which I think is about 9lbs2.

It looks just like this:
[attachment=51374:Fender_7...JazzBazz.jpg]

But with these pick ups:
[attachment=51375:jmvc4fe.jpg]

Will add some photos of the actual bass when I get home tonight.

[attachment=51393:P1010158.JPG]
[attachment=51394:P1010163.JPG]
[attachment=51395:P1010165.JPG]
[attachment=51396:P1010166.JPG]
[attachment=51397:P1010168.JPG]
[attachment=51398:P1010171.JPG]

Price would be £450 plus postage (including the standard Fender gig bag that came with it). Collection is fine (I'm in Nottingham) or could possibly drive out for a meet up?

Would be equally happy with a trade for some kind of Precision, with cash either way, just let me know what you have.

Edited by malbass

[quote name='lojo' post='857490' date='Jun 4 2010, 05:28 PM']I have a STD MIM 2009 P bass, Just brought a 62 RI P so I like the idea of trading the MIM for a jazz

Im in surrey so logistics maybe an issue[/quote]

Surrey does sound like a bit of a trek, not sure where a good halfway point would be? Happy to talk through options though.

[quote name='lojo' post='858154' date='Jun 5 2010, 01:48 PM']assuming meeting up is not an issue (although I think it is), then my bass is lake placid blue, maple neck, unmodded standard MIM P bass brought new last year 2009

What would be the deal?[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='SteveF72' post='870283' date='Jun 17 2010, 10:08 PM']Nice bass, had a very similar copy to this many years ago and should have hung on to it. Not really a sunburst man but this takes me back... Are the blocks inlaid on this / sensible offers considered?
Free bump anyway[/quote]

Yes, the blocks are inlaid.

Happy to listen to offers - though I'm off on holiday for a week in a couple of hours and not sure how much Internet access I'll have so there could be a delay in responding.

Thanks for the bump!

• 3 weeks later...