Why become a member? ×

For Sale: Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

jonsparrow91

As new apart from pickguard swirls and a small dent in the binding on the third fret (do not trust guitar stands.)

This is a fantastic bass as you've probably heard, more than a match for MIM Fenders, so this trade is purely GAS fuelled. It certainly lives up to the Vintage in its name, especially now I've stuck some Rotosound 77s on (despite me setting it up for drop C to play some desert rock) and the pickups sound better than the MIA Jazz I had a while back (not an exaggeration).

(Now set up for E standard, with very nice low action, on of my better setup jobs.)

Not the greatest photo but you know what they look like.

I really do not want to have to use a courier, I've had bad experiences with them and having to stay in all day because of their vague times is a real pain. I'd prefer collection/swap in person if possible. I'm in Morecambe in the North West but I might be able to travel a bit (split the train fair). Courier isn't absolutely out of the question but I really don't want to have to use one. Payment by paypal, bank transfer or cheque.

Edited by spaz91

[quote]I would put this up for sale if I got some decent offers. I'd need £200 + pp minimum, but thanks to some goon selling his for less that seems unlikely[/quote]

it would seem that you are the goon for trying to sell a used guitar for 20 quid less than they are brand new

[quote name='rob_89' post='862292' date='Jun 9 2010, 04:30 PM']it would seem that you are the goon for trying to sell a used guitar for 20 quid less than they are brand new[/quote]

sorry, I agree with Rob_89.. its's bit of an insult really. I'd buy new for that offer

Well my almost-local guitar shop is selling them for £270 and even if you can get them for £220 new, this is as new, in perfect condition aside from the pickguard wear.

This was intended to be a trade, the offer to buy is just there in case somebody wants it enough to give me enough money to find a decent replacement.

I don't like undermining for sale threads, but I also have to agree that if you search online you can find them for around £220. That's not to say it's not a good bass, because I had one and it was great, it's just that I sold mine for £160, I believe.

To be honest, I'd pay another £20 for brand new, just for the untouched pickguard and the fact that I have comeback with a retail outlet if there's something wrong with it.

[quote name='spaz91' post='864518' date='Jun 11 2010, 05:47 PM']£160 now I've seen Super Mario Galaxy 2 is out and I owe lots of people lots of money...[/quote]

I'd love to take this off your hands, been dying to try one. I'm a bit stretched at the moment, but if its still around in a few days i will throw you an offer

Cheers!

@everyone it concerns, really looking for a sale now thanks to my financial situation so I'm narrowing down my trade criteria:

Hollowbody basses (but not violin basses.)
Squier Affinity + cash.
High-end Squier Telecaster.
Cheapish tube combo.