Why become a member? ×

Matamp 4 x 6

mr.sibs

Unfortunately I am going to have to sell my lovely Matamp 4x6 along with my Genz Head :)

This has been a wonderful cab to work with, have used it for a bit of recording and managed to get some gorgeous and surprisingly loud and bassy sounds from it! Please see the pics and description below, I hope Uzell doesn't mind me nicking his work.

I would much prefer collection - as I only used it for recording I never got round to fitting a grill or handles. It has feet though.

Based in SW London, and looking for £200 ono

Thanks

Edited by mr.sibs

[quote name='uzzell' post='766844' date='Mar 7 2010, 02:15 PM']Thanks for the interest. Here are the photos as promised.

Size - 42cm x 41cm x 34cm

Not sure about weight as I have no means to weigh it. Saying that, It is considerably lighter than my Aguliar DB112 I have recently sold and that is 19Kg. I would guess it is something in the region of 16-17Kg. I used to own the Ashdown Mini 4x8 and 1x15 and again it weighs less than either of them.

As far as volume goes, I can honestly say that this cab partnered with my Markbass LMII is seriously loud enough for pub and small club gigs. It is also capable of producing some quite scary amounts of bass if needed. I know that wouldnt be assumed for this speaker config but trust me, it can go [b]low[/b].

When I ordered the cab I specified not to have a speaker grill as its primary application was studio work, this allowed me prime mic placement. I was quoted £10 for a grill from an online place so easy and cheap to acquire.

Thanks.[/quote]

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='888115' date='Jul 7 2010, 09:38 AM']Alright found this in the other thread.

*8ohms
*400w[/quote]

Thanks

I would rather leave shipping as a last option really, had things damaged in the past and wouldn't want it again, collection would be great

• 3 weeks later...

it has [url="http://www.monacor.de/typo3/index.php?id=84&L=1&artid=4913&spr=EN&typ=full"]these[/url]

as in the last owners fs [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79912&hl=matamp+cab"]thread[/url]

look like some pretty good specs, i'm thinking of making myself one, but in a berg style staggered driver configuration.

I have been keeping up to date with this sale and as the original owner, I can honestly say it is a great and indeed very capable cab. If I had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to get it again.

Don't be fooled by the somewhat dull look of the cab, as a studio tool it handled everything I through at it.