Why become a member? ×

No longer for sale: Trace Elliot T-Bass

Stacker

Standard model in Arctic White with tort plate. Active with vol, vol, hi-boost, lo-boost ; cuts to passive via mini-switch. Good condition but with a few marks on headstock, given the light finish. Serial number 200. No case but will provide gig bag. Seeking £570 shipping included within mainland UK. Any qs, fire away.

Edited by Stacker

• 4 weeks later...

I know most BCers will know but for those that do not, these basses were made for Trace by Rob Green (Status Basses) in the mid to late 90s. Thety are of exceptional quality as you would expect from Rob. The headstocks are quirky and take a bit of visual "getting used to", but are very functional. The laid back stock design is still a feature on some of Robs current Status range and appear on Mark Goodays (Trace Elliot ex MD) range of Lodestone basses.

Ive played both the T Bass and the Lodestone, they are excellent instruments.

This is an exceptional price for this bass.

I would be all over this if I was not *sort of* in the process of buying another bass. Lovely lovely bass, in immaculate nick... I remember perving about these when they first appeared in Bassist magazine ages ago. Have a free bump, even if it is not necessary.

[quote name='Stacker' post='961201' date='Sep 19 2010, 02:30 PM']It's bizarre, isn't it? Very rare and people bit your hand off a few yaers back if they popped up on evilbay. Not now, though. Don't get it. I had lost of foreign interest but these geezers wouldn't pay the freight/insurance I stipulated.[/quote]

dude if i wernt saving up for something else id have this off ya

bump fpr a coolbass

[quote name='paul n' post='961527' date='Sep 19 2010, 08:23 PM']yeah cant understand it either mate[/quote]
simple really..it's called the recession..bet you've had loads of (crap) offers/interest but people (well me anyway) just haven't got the cash at the moment. The thing about quality gear is that if it doesn't sell this week it might next week. Hold on to it a put it up again in a few weeks/months.
Classic case of this is the EKO BX7 from Portugal which is up for grabs (yet again). Nice bass, wrong price!!!

[quote name='TheGreek' post='964724' date='Sep 22 2010, 06:06 PM']simple really..it's called the recession..bet you've had loads of (crap) offers/interest but people (well me anyway) just haven't got the cash at the moment. The thing about quality gear is that if it doesn't sell this week it might next week. Hold on to it a put it up again in a few weeks/months.
Classic case of this is the EKO BX7 from Portugal which is up for grabs (yet again). Nice bass, wrong price!!![/quote]

Oh, there's still a lot of kit shifting for loads more money that this fella's up for. Yes, there have been insults and demands: Some guys want to pay buttons for frieght, meaning next to no insurance, but I'd bet that wouldn't preclude them from pulling a 'chargeback' stint on paypal if the bass got lost/damaged in transit.

And, k'now what? Your right! This T-bass is a great bass at the wrong price: myself and Paul N are asking too little.

The bass stays and the savings will have to get raided. Again! :)

Edited by Stacker