Why become a member? ×

£300 posted Mark Hoppus Fender Sig Jazz bass With Badass III bridge and schaller strap locks

Prime_BASS

I bought this as it was intended to be a project.

After it came, I convinced myself otherwise!

I don't get on with P-bass sound.
[attachment=57562:IMG_1110.jpg]
[attachment=57563:IMG_1111.jpg]
Mark hoppus sig bass by Fender Mexico.
Surf Green colour.
Seymour duncan Quarter Pounder P-bass split coil.
White pearloid pickguard
1 volume Knurled chrome knob.
Jazz bass body
Precision neck
Schaller strap locks
String through body.
weight: 9.2 lbs
Nut width: 42 mm

That's it really, I got this used and so is suffering 1 or 2 dings around the sides, although the top and back remain pretty in marked. I had to do a lot of work to get this in a quality condition. It plays great and gives a great passive P bass tone, even without the tone knob. If you wanted a tone knob you could simply get a concentric pot and replace it with the single volume it has.

Price is a very firm £310, that's posted, collected from Nottingham is £300.
Trades: I am open but would prefer cash, I am willing to put in cash to anything I'd really want (active jazz type, musicman) I'd give a straight swap to anyone with a Barefaced midget or some kind if markbass head or cab (+cash if needs be)

I'll ship it with (or give it you with) a spare gig bag it fits into that has a rip in and a spare nylon strap.
Thanks for looking
Stephen

Edited by Prime_BASS

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='944019' date='Sep 2 2010, 10:37 PM']You bastard, that is beautiful.[/quote]

Buy it off me then :)

I'm pretty open to trades, even if I have to put some cash up aswell.
Still looking for: Barefaced midget, old school/vintage looking and sounding basses active or passive, or a lot of effects or an me20b (boss multiFX) with cash my way.
Stuff im not interested in, anything that is big and/or heavy anything metal, pointy, synth, digital, signal bending (unless it's a wah).

I hope some one takes this off me as I need space/cash for a larger guitar rack and hopefully a EBMM ray.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='945616' date='Sep 4 2010, 07:05 PM']Or I'll have the cash in about 3 weeks.[/quote]

You have a link to this other stuff?

Still I'd prefer cash.

Nice interest so far but nothing solid.

Edit: sorry found your gear thread. The only thing unwound be interested in is the SUB but as soon as I get a final price for hopefully my new ray, I'll be scooting the SUB I already have on here, I dint really need 2-3 of the same bass.
Other than that I look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by Prime_BASS

Either this is a joke cause I'm a jerk, or you are serious.

Either way: I did totally forget about your ray once I brought this and then found out an old friend in the US had a more than very nice Ray for sale, it's in my perfect colour and the neck is birdseyed all over. Anyway sorry for messing you about "/

I doubt the Mexicians date the neck heels or pockets on there stuff, however im sure the serial number would reveal it's date of manufacture.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='945805' date='Sep 5 2010, 01:21 AM']Either this is a joke cause I'm a jerk, or you are serious.

Either way: I did totally forget about your ray once I brought this and then found out an old friend in the US had a more than very nice Ray for sale, it's in my perfect colour and the neck is birdseyed all over. Anyway sorry for messing you about "/

I doubt the Mexicians date the neck heels or pockets on there stuff, however im sure the serial number would reveal it's date of manufacture.[/quote]

I am seriously interested I get back to you when I have the cash together hopefully won't be too long.

Hehe too long.

[quote name='parker_muse' post='946070' date='Sep 5 2010, 12:23 PM']I thought the hoppus basses had the P pickup 'reversed' if that makes sense? I thought that looked really funky and sweet. When did they stop that?[/quote]

they havent started it yet ! its going to be getting sold soon
and bump for a cracking bass ! whoever buys it will make me jealous

[quote name='parker_muse' post='946070' date='Sep 5 2010, 12:23 PM']I thought the hoppus basses had the P pickup 'reversed' if that makes sense? I thought that looked really funky and sweet. When did they stop that?[/quote]

Like this?

I think they're foul. I normally prefer the reverse P pickup, that's what I've got on my Taitycaster, but it just looks wrong on these. They've not started yet, anyway, I think it said they start in 2011.

Oh, and Wayne, if I buy this blame my dad Simon1964, he knows I've been after one and has offered to pay half for my 18th birthday! Mind you, he also promised to buy me a Ford Mustang too, but I think that might have been a lie :)

[quote name='Tait' post='946166' date='Sep 5 2010, 01:56 PM']Oh, and Wayne, if I buy this blame my dad Simon1964, he knows I've been after one and has offered to pay half for my 18th birthday! Mind you, he also promised to buy me a Ford Mustang too, but I think that might have been a lie :)[/quote]

Sorry - I'll have to pass on the Mustang now you've got this...