Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Marcus Miller

AussieBassman

[quote name='AussieBassman' post='9709' date='May 31 2007, 09:02 AM']cos i'm thinking of buying one off eBay and people generally seem to think Jap ones are more consistent quality.[/quote]

Yep they are built in Japan.

I know of somenoe selling one for around £500 Pm me and i'll pass on his details. He'd prob go lower too.....

Nick

[quote name='Magnolia' post='9710' date='May 31 2007, 06:07 PM']Yep they are built in Japan.

I know of somenoe selling one for around £500 Pm me and i'll pass on his details. He'd prob go lower too.....

Nick[/quote]
just noticed your bass collection - between your 2 jazzes and your 4003 which do you use most?

i only ask cos at the moment my main bass is my 4003 but i've always regretted selling my first jazz which was a ?73 american-made one, and i wonder if my hankering for another one is just a GAS attack?

[quote name='AussieBassman' post='9744' date='May 31 2007, 10:27 AM']just noticed your bass collection - between your 2 jazzes and your 4003 which do you use most?

i only ask cos at the moment my main bass is my 4003 but i've always regretted selling my first jazz which was a ?73 american-made one, and i wonder if my hankering for another one is just a GAS attack?[/quote]

At the moment i use my Marcus the most prob because its the newest. I havent giged it yet as the day i bought it my band split. I dont use my Rick that much lately, i havent used it live in months. My Marcus will prob become my Main bass, My Geddy is D-tuned and my Rick is my backup.

I was fooling about with my Marcus D tuned last night and it sounded amazing. Really growly. :)

The only issue i have with my Marcus is the lack of tone control when in passive. Im thinking about swapping the vol controls for stacked vol/tone pots.

Nick

Edited by Magnolia

[quote name='Magnolia' post='9767' date='May 31 2007, 08:07 PM']At the moment i use my Marcus the most prob because its the newest. I havent giged it yet as the day i bought it my band split. I dont use my Rick that much lately, i havent used it live in months. My Marcus will prob become my Main bass, My Geddy is D-tuned and my Rick is my backup.

I was fooling about with my Marcus D tuned last night and it sounded amazing. Really growly. :huh:

The only issue i have with my Marcus is the lack of tone control when in passive. Im thinking about swapping the vol controls for stacked vol/tone pots.

Nick[/quote]
are the stacked pots a straight replacement fit?

where is a good place to buy those and do they come with any clues about wiring them? :)

just bought a MM from ebay-due to arrive next week here from the US........

[quote name='woodster' post='9724' date='May 31 2007, 09:42 AM']The 4 strings are Japanese whilst the 5's are American.[/quote]

A while ago I think I got offered a US 4 string in a trade? Of course I'm probably wrong but did they maybe switch production to japan at some point?

[quote name='AussieBassman' post='10865' date='Jun 2 2007, 01:06 AM']are the stacked pots a straight replacement fit?

where is a good place to buy those and do they come with any clues about wiring them? :)

just bought a MM from ebay-due to arrive next week here from the US........[/quote]

You can get the pots from [url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=91004_91056&products_id=11276"]Here[/url]. Im a complete novice when it comes to electronics and stuff like that so i would get someone else to do it for me. I'd guess that its not a difficult job tho becasue I have heard of others who have done this. Im not sure if its the 500k/500k or the 250k/500k pots that I'll need. Well done with the purchase tho :huh:

[quote name='ashevans09' post='12250' date='Jun 5 2007, 12:47 AM']A while ago I think I got offered a US 4 string in a trade? Of course I'm probably wrong but did they maybe switch production to japan at some point?[/quote]

As far as im aware the 4 Strings are only made in Japan.

Nick

[quote name='Magnolia' post='12323' date='Jun 5 2007, 06:38 PM']You can get the pots from [url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=91004_91056&products_id=11276"]Here[/url]. Im a complete novice when it comes to electronics and stuff like that so i would get someone else to do it for me. I'd guess that its not a difficult job tho becasue I have heard of others who have done this. Im not sure if its the 500k/500k or the 250k/500k pots that I'll need. Well done with the purchase tho :)
As far as im aware the 4 Strings are only made in Japan.

Nick[/quote]
well, it arrived today and it's just a f***ing lovely bass !!

everyone should be entitled to one on the NHS cos it makes me feel sooooo GOOD !!

oh, and it sounds great as well which i suppose is also helpful....