Why become a member? ×

Static

Beedster

I seem to be producing static. Not a problem playing my Precision through the TE/115 with the highs rolled off, but a real problem paying fretless with highs up through a 410? There's a constant scratching-like sound that, although not a huge problem live, is really amplified through the chorus unit I'm using for fretless and I think will be a problem for recording. It's not the amp, the bass, the FX, or the rom. It happens with all basses through all amps & FX in all rooms :)
Advice gratefully received....
Chris

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='106505' date='Dec 19 2007, 02:44 PM']Put one of those anti static sheets for tumble driers in the control cavity (seriously, try it).[/quote]

Cheers, that's a new one but well worth a try. Re the above, no, as I said, this happens wherever and whenever. I just seem to generate a lot of static and need some way to download it before it goes to the PUPs.
Chris

Have you tried wearing different shoes ? Some materials are better electrical insulators than others and will prevent static from leaking away to the floor noiselessly. Also man-made "fleece" fabrics will tend to generate static more than other materials so if you wear these a lot then they might be the source of the problem (much better to wear a brown 70's "Bri-Nylon" shirt :) )

I've had occasional problems with static shocks when getting out of cars - usually only happens when I'm wearing a paricular pair of shoes !