Why become a member? ×

Been swindled on basschat??

umcoo

Strange to have the person in question log in and not reply. Im thinking a feedback rating should be visible under the persons name. Although i have noticed that older contributing members to the forum do seem to sell better than "newbies" and perfectly understandable why tbh. Maybe on this forum weve set ourselves up to easily to be scammed. Altho saying this:

1 trade = successful no hiccups
1 buy = successful no hiccups
1 buy = successful but royal mail decided to hold onto said item for way to long

I'll name-and-shame guys, I am the seller in question.

I sincerely apologise to the buyers, I admit it's been far too long... payment was recieved a good while ago...

I currently run my own business, and we're especially busy around christmas-time, and I've had to crank-up my hours over the festive period, so couldn't get to the post office for ages... anyway, I assure the people in question that the items have now been shipped, recorded delivery, and will arrive by Monday at 2pm latest...

Again, I apologise...

I've sent PM's to the guys, and take on-board 'paul h''s advice...[i]''If you're too busy to successfully complete a transaction...don't sell anything. '' [/i]

Guys, I'm sorry.

There you go...a happy ending.

Kudos to Mr. Volume for his post..a little explanation goes a long way.

I just know from my time managing a furniture shop (don't ask) making a buyer aware of potential problems at the outset, and then keeping them informed during the transaction is usually the right way to keep bad vibes to a minimum. I am pretty sure if Volume added the caveat that it might take a while to ship at the beginning of all this then everything would have been cool and the gang.

[quote]'Tis a bit harsh. This is a fun forum...[/quote]

But isn't it a fun forum because we all try to treat each other with a bit of consideration? Nobody likes being kept in the dark..and even one day of waiting for cool bass gear feels like a month!

Do unto others and all that!

But saying all that...the fact that somebody is getting some new gear on Monday is giving me GAS! :)

p.

[quote name='charic' post='108017' date='Dec 22 2007, 10:01 AM']+1 Kudos to volume for even naming himself :) an unneeded but appreciated gesture.

Good on ya mate[/quote]

There you go, We all make mistakes. It's how you resolve them that differentiates the good guys from the sphincters

+1 old git's comments - it's not what happens, but what is done about it...

FWIW and has previously been mentioned in my experience good communication is the key - a good percentage of my work is dealing with clients expectations, manage those correctly and you very rarely have unhappy clients - I know this isn't a business site, but echo the thoughts of fellows BCs when it comes to treating others the way you would wish to be treated and keeping people informed.

I had a bad experience with my first deal on here, trying to help a guy out and got left with an unplayable bass :) - but must say that subsequent transactions both buying and selling have been very positive experiences...

The majority of us are here for the right reasons, let's not lose sight of that :huh:

[quote name='paul h' post='106960' date='Dec 20 2007, 11:04 AM']I don't really find delays like that acceptable to be honest. And yes, I know I'm anal about this kind of thing but if I'm selling something it will be packed and ready to go before it's sold and will be sent the same day or next working day once it is sold.[/quote]

+1. This is why I f***ing hate eBay. Especially people registered as sellers. They know they're selling things, and so they know people'll be buying their stuff. I bought a bag last week to help with carting stuff home for Christmas and it's still not been posted yet, with no response from the seller after 3 messages (mainly about my anger at them not letting me know whats going on). And I paid for 1st class recorded delivery to make sure it was here on time, so that a waste of a fiver. It's totally rude, and shows that they don't give 2 shits about their customers. Looking at their feedback, about 30 odd are neutral or negative. There should be a limit as to how much bad feedback someone gets before their account gets canceled. It takes 2 minutes to check if stuffs been sold, and sellers should make an effort to get to the post office if they know they have someone else's money.

Sorry, rant over

Well, at the moment, I've got a wierd situation. A guy on Basschat put £100 into my account, and we agreed that he would put a further £300 in yesterday when he was paid, and then I'd send the bass off. Thing is, I haven't heard anything from him since then, and I've phoned a few times... Wierd. The bass is here and ready to go!

Glad this was all OK in the end. I TOTALLY understand where Mr. Volume is coming from regarding not having the time to que in the Post office - I sent a Trace SMX pedal to Dood recently and I was waiting for about half an hour, it was absurd in this day and age.

I'm glad that is all sorted.

I bought a cab off the statii forum, but the guy delivered it to my parents house and swaped it for cash (he didn't know my mum knows nout and he could a cardboard box with 'speakers' drawn on)

When i came to sell an OD pedal on here i was amazed at how quickly someone would part with their money. I'm lucky to live in a city whch ment i could post it the next day so we were both happy.

Growing up in Essex we were very short in conversation and would just get things done, up here in edinburgh folk are more relaxed and have a bit of a blether in shops and that. You talk more. Maybe if we did that on here, got used to a blether before any transaction we would be more aware of any scammers.
The buying and selling on basschat is great though. :) anyone want to sell me a fretless neck of some kind! :huh:

[quote name='ped' post='108282' date='Dec 22 2007, 06:30 PM']Glad this was all OK in the end. I TOTALLY understand where Mr. Volume is coming from regarding not having the time to que in the Post office - I sent a Trace SMX pedal to Dood recently and I was waiting for about half an hour, it was absurd in this day and age.[/quote]

and he thinks he is getting it back too lol lol *rubs hands together* mwah ha ha ha ha!!!

I'm hoping to write a review for you good folk soon, Vs the EBS Multicomp!

I don't have stuff packed and ready to go - it's mainly large items and I don't have original packaging, so I prefer buyers collecting, and if not, I'd rather not have a box made up to send them in until I know that I'll need it, otherwise it'll be a waste of a box. I do try to keep buyers aware of when items will be sent out though.

I've had word from one of the buyers that the item has not yet been recieved... I sent them Recorded Delivery, and the pedal has not been delivered within the promised timeframe... they mentioned that there was a backlog with it being Christmas... I'll pop into the Post Office tomorrow in my lunchbreak to investigate, and will report back tomorrow evening...

Rich

[quote name='OldGit' post='108026' date='Dec 22 2007, 10:23 AM']There you go, We all make mistakes. It's how you resolve them that differentiates the good guys from the sphincters[/quote]

yep.+1, absolutely true, and apologies are rare nowadays,it takes a lot to put your hands up and admit to being wrong.Well done that guy!