Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton MB22 Jazz

barneythedog

I have just taken delivery of one of these - I bought it for a mates son for his Christmas pressie

At €98 I was expecting a plank of wood with 4 strings, but after taking it out and setting it up for him prior to wrapping I was pleasantly surprised.

Ok, it's not a quality instrument - the hardware is cheap, the woods are light, and the pickups a bit thin, BUT I still can't believe it's possible to make something like this, export it, and sell it for a profit at €98!!!!!

After tweaking the truss rod and adjusting the bridge it plays very very well. Nice action, no buzzing and the tone is certainly passable. It arrived almost set up only needing slight adjustments (congrats to Thomann) and sounds not too bad at all. Only gripe is that you can't really adjust the pick-up height so it plays a bit quiet. But hey, it was only €98.

It feels a bit cheap, but I would happily play this out. And it was only €98

I know I keep mentioning the price (€98 in case you missed it :) ) but I am very impressed at the value for money. I wish instruments like this had been available when I started.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

My HB Beatbass is pretty good as well. Amazing for £100 delivered. Only problem is, I want to sell it (need the space), but hardly seems worth it given what I'd get for it second hand.