Why become a member? ×

WTB EUB with substantial skeleton frame

Beedster

[quote name='BassBod' post='960374' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:34 PM']Chris - learn to love your pickup...and let the sound guy deal with the superior and natural sound of the f^&*ing mic! You will live a much happier stage life...and enjoy the music a whole lot more. Try that before you go the EUB route?[/quote]

Hiya mate

Good advice. I don't have a PUP as yet so that's another priority! I won't go the EUB route as such as I already have the Aria, just need a more substantial skeleton to help it feel like the real thing (EUB will never be the main instrument but at times it sure beats taking a DB to rehearsals).

Cheers

C

[quote name='TheRev' post='966585' date='Sep 24 2010, 12:30 PM']I got Alan from Bassix to make me an extended shoulder for my Aria - it worked much better than the bent bit of wire that comes with the Aria. Might be worth emailing him to se if he'll make another?[/quote]

Thanks Rev, do you have any pics? I have conjured with the idea I must admit

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='966698' date='Sep 24 2010, 01:59 PM']OK, I've just had a chat with Alan regarding this and it looks like a skeleton for the Aria might be a possibility. I'll keep you posted folks[/quote]

I'd be interested to hear how this goes Chris. I assume it'll be detachable?

Cheers

Gareth

[quote name='walbassist' post='966733' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:23 PM']I'd be interested to hear how this goes Chris. I assume it'll be detachable?

Cheers

Gareth[/quote]

That's the plan, yes. I'll keep you posted. If you're thinking of doing the same, there may be some economy of scale (looks like it will be moulded carbon)?

C

[quote name='TheRev' post='966736' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:25 PM']

You can buy the Yamaha frame separatley IIRC, but you'd have to be prepared to fiddle with it a bit to attach it to the Aria. Alan's extension just bolted straight on.[/quote]

Lovely, that's exactly what I'm after, albeit on a slightly larger scale (the whole skeleton) Thanks very much Rev, this is much closer to sorted that it was an hour ago!

C

[quote name='owen' post='966867' date='Sep 24 2010, 04:11 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280509821444&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

for the skeleton?[/quote]

LOL, £500's a lot to pay for a skeleton that might not fit :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='966742' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:28 PM']Lovely, that's exactly what I'm after, albeit on a slightly larger scale (the whole skeleton) Thanks very much Rev, this is much closer to sorted that it was an hour ago!

C[/quote]

I've owned both Slb 100 & 200

The 100 feels like a real bass partly due to the balance, plus the lower bout which rests against your leg.

The 200 is lighter and without the lower bout, and has a tendency to spin away from playing position, on a gig you're always trying to hold it back.

Ask Alan Hatswell if he could do an extended frame with lower bout, it would make big difference imo!

[quote name='Beedster' post='966742' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:28 PM']Lovely, that's exactly what I'm after, albeit on a slightly larger scale (the whole skeleton) Thanks very much Rev, this is much closer to sorted that it was an hour ago!

C[/quote]

I've owned both Slb 100 & 200

The 100 feels like a real bass partly due to the balance, plus the lower bout which rests against your leg.

The 200 is lighter and without the lower bout, and has a tendency to spin away from playing position, on a gig you're always trying to hold it back.

Ask Alan Hatswell if he could do an extended frame with lower bout, it would make big difference imo!

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='967280' date='Sep 25 2010, 12:57 AM']I've owned both Slb 100 & 200

Ask Alan Hatswell if he could do an extended frame with lower bout, it would make big difference imo![/quote]

Thanks mate, yes, the Aria tends to spins away as well, hence this thread, I'm going for the full skeleton if Alan can do it, which he thinks he can but needs to have a good look at the instrument before giving a definite yes or no. What a lovely chap he is as well!

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='967335' date='Sep 25 2010, 09:15 AM']Thanks mate, yes, the Aria tends to spins away as well, hence this thread, I'm going for the full skeleton if Alan can do it, which he thinks he can but needs to have a good look at the instrument before giving a definite yes or no. What a lovely chap he is as well!

C[/quote]

Get yourself a Steadyfoot endpin as used on the Eminence basses.

[url="http://www.gelbass.com/bass/Eminence_parts.html"]Eminence steadyfoot[/url]

Totally spin free but you can still move & groove.

I honestly don't know why every EUB manufacturer doesn't have these on their basses.

[quote name='TheRev' post='967359' date='Sep 25 2010, 09:52 AM']Get yourself a Steadyfoot endpin as used on the Eminence basses.

[url="http://www.gelbass.com/bass/Eminence_parts.html"]Eminence steadyfoot[/url]

Totally spin free but you can still move & groove.

I honestly don't know why every EUB manufacturer doesn't have these on their basses.[/quote]

Now [i]that[/i] is a great idea! Probably best to check with the UK distributor (SMART?) on the UK price before ordering from the US though. I'd be up for one of these too!

Update: I've emailed SMART to ask the diameter of the pin and how much they'd cost in the UK.

Edited by walbassist

[quote name='walbassist' post='967364' date='Sep 25 2010, 10:05 AM']Now [i]that[/i] is a great idea! Probably best to check with the UK distributor (SMART?) on the UK price before ordering from the US though. I'd be up for one of these too!

Update: I've emailed SMART to ask the diameter of the pin and how much they'd cost in the UK.[/quote]

I can measure the diameter of mine if SMART don't have one on hand to measure.