Why become a member? ×

G&L2500 question

nottswarwick

Hi

Loving my USA L2500, but just wondering if anyone else experiences teh following:

When playing/thumping/slapping, the notes are accompanied by a high pitched "bell-like" ringing. You cannot hear it in a gig context, but it is there when playing alone. Now, when unplugged, you put your ear against the body and can hear it, and it gets through the elctronics to the amp. My SR5 exhibits the same symptoms in the "unplugged" test, but the difference is that the sound remains in the bass, and is not passed into the electronics.

So, it this right?

Cheers

C

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253449&highlight=ringing"]This is why the internet rocks[/url]

Bloody splendid. Quick look in the USA GL forum, take pickups out, get foam, cut, shove into springs, re-install pups, wallop, job is a good 'un, perfect.

Thanks you and goodnight lol, well pleased.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by nottswarwick

apparently later ones didnot have the spring damping - proabably to save half a pence or something.

So, great bass, but I have had to rectify 2 problems (I amn the second owner) - the above, and also had to get 2 longer saddle intonation screws to get the intonation perfect onthe g and d strings - promptly sent by G and L FOC, but surely not right at production stage?

Anyway, all good now, the bass is a bad mofo and rocks/funks, growls etc. B string still not as good as the SR5, but all in all, no.1 gigging bass bar none.

Edited by nottswarwick