Why become a member? ×

problems mounting Audere jz3 preamp

fede162162

hi guys.....i'm going crazy!!

this is what i do:
the pick ups (fender CS) have 3 wires. i put the hot wire and the common wire where the instructions say. then i connect the third wire(shield) of each pick up with the white/grey Audere wire and with the wire which goes to the bridge.

the matter is: i get a very distorced sound, the Z -3 way- switch doesn't work and the battery led doesn't work when i connect the amp cable. the on board controls work.

so...am i doing something wrong or my Audere pre-amp is bad?

ps: if the white/grey wire touches the jack the led works!!!.... :)

here there are instructions.. [url="http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ_Install.pdf"]http://www.audereaudio.com/JZ_Install.pdf[/url]

Edited by fede162162

[attachment=4300:audere_inside.JPG]

updates: i connected the shield wires of each pick up with the whie/grey wire and with the bridge wire. hot and common of each pick up stay in the green box.

now it happens something very very strange...
if i plug my bass in the PC everything works..
if i plug my bass in my little 25w guitar amp and in my headphone amp.....battery led and Z switch don't work,and the sound is very distorced.

this evening i will try with my bass head...

but...everything is so weird......

[quote name='fede162162' post='108549' date='Dec 23 2007, 02:02 PM'][attachment=4300:audere_inside.JPG]

updates: i connected the shield wires of each pick up with the whie/grey wire and with the bridge wire. hot and common of each pick up stay in the green box.

if i plug my bass in my little 25w guitar amp and in my headphone amp.....battery led and Z switch don't work,and the sound is very distorced.

but...everything is so weird......[/quote]

Sorry to repeat myself - but contact David at Audere - pm me and I will give u=you his email address or get it from www.audereaudio.com

He is VERY helpful.

Mark :)

[quote name='fede162162' post='108549' date='Dec 23 2007, 02:02 PM'][attachment=4300:audere_inside.JPG]

but...everything is so weird......[/quote]

What are you plugging intot he pc with? Is it one of those stereo jacks, or a 1/4 input? Thatmight be something to do with that difference.

Sounds like you've got the shield and the common mixed up

[quote]GROUNDING NOTE
Every pickup has at least 2 wires, call them Hot and Common. Normally the Hot is white or red colored. Common must
be connected to our board at the screw connector. In the picture below the connections are, starting at the side closest to
the plate, Neck Hot, Neck Common, Bridge Hot, and Bridge Common. If you have a 3rd wire and it is a braided shield, this
is a Ground wire and can be connected to the Cavity Ground.
Do NOT connect the Common wire of the Pickups to the Cavity Ground. Doing so would increase the power pull and
cause distortion. If you have 4 wires you may have two Hot wires for split coils. Check with the pickup manufacturer on
how to connect the 4 wire pickups for parallel or series operation.[/quote]

guys,miracles exist!

today while i was trying the bass,suddenly all turns to work well!! not distortion anymore,and all controls works!!! .....i don't know what to say...

tonight i've jammed with my band. the sound with the audere pre amp seems to be the same in passive way. bass and mid controls are great,very useful. the Z switch also is very good. the only thing which leaves me doubts...the treble control... the difference from max and min level is very very very weak...

what about treble control in your audere pre amps?

anyway i will check the pre amp with a Meter,because i ear a weak weak weak hum noise. very weak,almost impossible to ear even when the other instruments were plugged out. but my American passive Precision had zero hum noise...so i want to check well the audere